AC low pressure hole and unidentified hose. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok guys I’m new to 100s and only owned a few 80s in years past, I have searched and only found answers related to the read ac leaking ect. I purchased a 2003 lx470 with 230k on the clock. I looked at undercarriage and general inspection of the engine but flat out missed the big hose hanging on the low pressure port. My AC stopped blowing cold today and when I went to recharge it I spotted the hose that leads to the back had cut a hole into the low pressure side.

Question 1: does anyone know the part number for that section of hose.

Question 2: is this going to be a beat down to replace myself?

Question 3: Is that random hose part of a rear ac delete or something else?

Thank you in advance!

Nick

3D0FF388-F050-44FE-8D4A-8A5A97CC7BB7.jpeg

5BDE3CC1-EC6E-4F39-8BEA-2A248081BE73.jpeg

You may be able to have a shop braze that and not need to replace the line. You should also replace the desiccant bag in the condenser while your at it, given it’s been open to the atmosphere.

^^ Above:

thank you for the recs, I’m going to buy the aluminum rods, flux and torch and try to braze it myself. I will report back how it goes.

It was too close to the low pressure port and ended up blowing the interior elements of the port out. The aluminum rods didn’t fully adhere to the ac line either. Either way I have to replace the whole section unless there is a way to replace the interior elements of the Low pressure port and have it professionally brazed this time. No telling what Lexus’s service center will charge to replace that area.

It was too close to the low pressure port and ended up blowing the interior elements of the port out. The aluminum rods didn’t fully adhere to the ac line either. Either way I have to replace the whole section unless there is a way to replace the interior elements of the Low pressure port and have it professionally brazed this time. No telling what Lexus’s service center will charge to replace that area.
Bummer, but worth the try. I think you’d be better off going to an A/C shop than Lexus if you’re trying to repair it. Lexus only knows how to throw parts at things these days.

I found the part just now but I have never installed ac anything. Any feed back would be great, I love fixing things myself if it’s within my abilities. I will need to read more on if it’s a simple install and recharge or if the system has to be cleaned of anything like moisture ect…

You will need to replace the desiccant bag after changing the lines. You’ll need a set of gauges and a vacuum pump to draw it down and make sure it doesn’t leak. And a couple cans of R-134A. There are good thread on here if you search for compressor pump change. I don’t think you need to worry about adding oil, but I’m not an expert.

Update. I tried brazing it myself multiple times but it would always have a small leak to it. After repeatedly heating it up and trying to rebraze it the original hole on the base metal kept getting bigger and bigger, now it’s garbage. Looks like I’m going to have it replaced. Learned a new skill set, didn’t succeed on the repair though. To all those that have leak like this after me, get it done perfectly the 1st time and it might work, otherwise the hole will just continue to get bigger each time you heat up.

017A1CF0-594B-4379-AAFA-E8B22FBF03F4.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom