Suspect AC EVAP leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched the site and think I have narrowed down my issue to the AC EVAP and maybe the expansion valve.

Symptoms:
Water leaking from behind the sound deadening black rubber material.
water drips bad from under the truck after driving on dry roads while running the AC.

Items checked:
Sun roof drains are clear and flow correctly.
windshield was checked.
Water is not coming from the seal on the front of the EVAP cannister.

What are some of your guys thoughts? Should I check something different?

Can you replace replace the EVAP core and expansion valve without removing the entire dash? I saw where you can cut that lower piece and get the core out, just not sure if you can get to the expansion valve or not as well.

Thank you.

I have an 04 Land Cruiser if that helps.

EVAP CAN.jpg

Normal!

AC has a drain for condensation. It's a small hose protruding from fire wall in engine bay on PS side.
If you run AC, water comes out this hose. If it's not clogged.

Last edited:
Normal!

AC has a drain for condensation. It's a small hose protruding from fire wall in engine bay on PS side.
If you run AC, water coming out this hose. If it's not clogged.
Thank you for your response.

I understand there is a drain for the condenser that drains under the car and that is normal, but water leaking inside the passenger floor board is not normal and that is what I am dealing with.

The drain is not clogged for the AC, water drips out of there.

The water collect in bottom of HVAC. The face plate on it, has a seal that shrinks and then leaks. Replace the seal, clean out bottom area and drain.

Many thread on how to:

The water collect in bottom of HVAC. The face plate on it, has a seal that shrinks and then leaks. Replace the seal, clean out bottom area and drain.

Many thread on how to:
Water is not coming from that location, it is coming from the back side of where the EVAP core is. It is leaking behind the sound deadening on the firewall and under the carpet. Not on top of the carpet where the seal you are referencing would leak.

Water comes from condensation. The R-134A refringent, if leaks. Leaks out as a gas. Then AC shuts down (blows hot). So if this is water, on a hot dry (no rain, snow, carwash) day with AC on. It's condensation.

I suppose it's possible the seal in front is very good. That the cavity is filling with water. That the drain is slow (not totally clog), just partial blocked. The water then finds a way out.

All LX have filter in HVAC, some LC too. Have you replace the filter and or cleaned the bottom, which drains comes from.

Post a video or picture of the source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom