Builds A simple Troopy build thread.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can't post the files on Mud....probably due to their format. I thought that you could download them from the Troop carriers of Australia Facebook page.

I have a .dxf and .dwg file

If you PM me your email address, I can send what I have that way.
Hey mate, is it possible to have the dxf files too? I have been chasing them for a while.

PM me your email address and I'll send them over

Went back through this thread. I’m about to have the entire dash pulled as I install heat... and I’m curious if you did anything up against the firewall behind the dash. It looks like you didn’t remove the stock vinyl/jute insulator. But that didn’t seem your style.

I expect my stock insulator is well caked with fesh-fesh... was thinking of yanking it and going damplifier/spectrum. Wondering though if there’s a reason you left yours in place... or if you did trash it and just didn’t detail it here?

Went back through this thread. I’m about to have the entire dash pulled as I install heat... and I’m curious if you did anything up against the firewall behind the dash. It looks like you didn’t remove the stock vinyl/jute insulator. But that didn’t seem your style.

I expect my stock insulator is well caked with fesh-fesh... was thinking of yanking it and going damplifier/spectrum. Wondering though if there’s a reason you left yours in place... or if you did trash it and just didn’t detail it here?

I don't think we did the firewall in the Troopy. With the 1FZ, it's quiet and heat isn't really an issue in that truck. I was anxious for it to get finished up and didn't want to tear apart all the stuff behind the dash to get that out.

I don't think we did the firewall in the Troopy. With the 1FZ, it's quiet and heat isn't really an issue in that truck. I was anxious for it to get finished up and didn't want to tear apart all the stuff behind the dash to get that out.
Gotcha. I’m tearing things down pretty far to install the heater assembly... and “while I’m in there” is nagging at me.

That said, it’ll take more time. And I’m supposed to be taking it camping next week...

Gotcha. I’m tearing things down pretty far to install the heater assembly... and “while I’m in there” is nagging at me.

That said, it’ll take more time. And I’m supposed to be taking it camping next week...
Take pics please! I need to do this to reconnect the vent switcher that may be broke/disconnected and have no idea where it ends up

Take pics please! I need to do this to reconnect the vent switcher that may be broke/disconnected and have no idea where it ends up
There's a bunch of pics in my FZJ75 thread of disassembling the dash and most of the HVAC apparatus.

There's a bunch of pics in my FZJ75 thread of disassembling the dash and most of the HVAC apparatus.

I'd forgotten you dove in so far as well... pics start on Post 141 in your thread.

I've got lots of assembly/disassembly photos of the actual housings/flaps/ducts/etc. Gotta make sure I can reassemble it! I'll post some up in my thread, tag you, and you can let me know if you have specific photo needs. I have everything in pieces right now... good timing for specific photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom