Builds A simple Troopy build thread.... (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've become fixated on stickers and patches of el Troopy.....fun stuff.

20201003_140752.jpeg

20201006_171856 2.jpeg

Which model seats are those from? Any issues installing them?

Wow...long time no updates. I post a lot on our IG for the Cruisers (Login • Instagram) and forget to post here. Plus we've been focused on other projects in the shop and I've kind of been just enjoying the Troopy. I would have never thought I would find myself driving this truck as much as I do. I love it. It's the perfect truck in my mind....comfortable, roomy, smooth and simple. Perfect. If only we had open deserts or those beautiful parks out West to roam around in this thing.

Playing around with some old PIAA lights I had laying around. Eventually it will get the Baja Designs like on @Bogan has on his Troopy. Super cool light. Still need to spool the winch.
View attachment 2464801View attachment 2464802

Love the interior in this truck.
View attachment 2464800

Chris you are an artist and I truly appreciate what you have accomplished. I doff my hat sir. :cheers:

I knew better than to buy a carb made in China......today a OEM one went on. The China one held up for more than my expectation of a week. Throttle shaft felt like it was sticking....idle was all over the place. It had to go.
20201013_091202_2.jpeg
20201013_091252_1.jpeg

China on right. Similar but not the same. I feel better with an OEM one on the truck for sure. Due to the wiring being so screwy in this truck, we use a Weatherpac connector for the choke(I think it's the choke).
20201013_101201.jpeg

I knew better than to buy a carb made in China......today a OEM one went on. The China one held up for more than my expectation of a week. Throttle shaft felt like it was sticking....idle was all over the place. It had to go.
View attachment 2464821View attachment 2464822

China on right. Similar but not the same. I feel better with an OEM one on the truck for sure. Due to the wiring being so screwy in this truck, we use a Weatherpac connector for the choke(I think it's the choke).
View attachment 2464823
This shot illustrates the blatant visual differences between the real deal and cheap knockoffs. The difference is far deeper than surface appearances.

Which model seats are those from? Any issues installing them?
I had bought the interior out of a 2014 HZJ76....these were in that truck.

They needed a TON of work to fit as the floors are different....I had to remove the tracks from the Troopy seats, remove the tracks off of the 76 seats, weld the Troopy tracks to the 76 seats. Then it all fit :)

Very very comfortable seats.

Chris you are an artist and I truly appreciate what you have accomplished. I doff my hat sir. :cheers:
Thanks Dan....I've got a good crew that puts up with me and makes this stuff happen.

This shot illustrates the blatant visual differences between the real deal and cheap knockoffs. The difference is far deeper than surface appearances.
I wish I had more time today to compare the 2 more closely. I was lucky to catch them side by side.

I think the knock-off was made for trucks that end up on used car lots. Shiny new carb....new owner gets truck....carb craps out...owner has to buy new carb. It made the truck run pretty nice but like most crap from China, it didn't last for long.

Shameless plug...
20201006_164809.jpeg
20201006_145929.jpeg

I kinda wish I hadn't bought that other set of flares.......:hmm:

It was a package deal however. :doh:

poverty flats front yard.jpg

I kinda wish I hadn't bought that other set of flares.......:hmm:

It was a package deal however. :doh:

View attachment 2464855

That car looks so cool. Love the wheel setup....lots of concavity it looks like up front. Rear is sick.

I haven't kept up with those cars.....front brakes are special to that package or just what they come with now?

Last edited:
My other set of flares....
20200921_182246.jpg

That car looks so cool. Love the wheel setup....lots of concavity it looks like up front. Rear is sick.

I haven't kept up with those cars.....front brakes are special to that package or just what they come with now?
Wide bodies have 6 piston Brembos up front and 4 piston out back. The wheels are 20x11 with a teensy negative offset. the tires are 305/35/20.

My 09 had 20x9 and this one is 4 inches wider OAL. The stance is perfect.

Last edited:
Wide bodies have 6 piston Brembos up front and 4 piston out back. The wheels are 20x11 with a teensy negative offset. the tires are 305/35/20.

My 09 had 20x9 and this one is 4 inches wider OAL. The stance is perfect.

20x11 in the rear obviously....what is the front size?

I had an M3 that ran a 19x10 in the rear with a 285.....front was a 19x9.5 with a 275. That car was hooked up to say the least. 275 was one of the widest front tires I've ever seen in our shop I think.

20x11 in the rear obviously....what is the front size?

I had an M3 that ran a 19x10 in the rear with a 285.....front was a 19x9.5 with a 275. That car was hooked up to say the least. 275 was one of the widest front tires I've ever seen in our shop I think.

20x11 and 305s all the way around.

20x11 and 305s all the way around.

Wow. I was going to ask if it was a square setup and thought to myself, 'no way can it have 305s up front'. That's a HUGE front tire. Does it have a different suspension that is specific to that car? What tires are on it?

The Scat Pack Wide Body has springs and shocks specific to that vehicle. The OE tires are Pirelli P Zero all-season. P Zero summer tires are a $695.00 option. I did not select that.

Made it to the plains today.....otherwise known as the land the airport bought. There were so many buildings back in this area.

20201014_190427.jpeg

You need a giraffe or two in the background. Bush Gardens is close........

Oddly enough, this guy wandered into one of the pics. Who knew we had free ranging giraffes :)

20201015_084730.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom