A few loose wires short of a harness... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, I'm focusing on the wiring harness this week, and I'm getting close to being able to re-wrap it and call it done, new diesel components and all. BUT, there are 2 things I keep getting stuck on, which are sort of related, should be stock and a non-issue, but thanks to a PO they are.

Reverse lights and front drive indicator... It's the same bundle of three wires going down to the transmission, but unfortunately for me only one is still connected to anything. The small red/blue wire that goes from the transmission to the rear harness and rear reverse lights is fine. Yay! But the blue/yellow and larger red/blue go no where... Cut into oblivion. The wiring diagram I have shows a front drive indicator light, but I can't find it on the 73 dash. My wiring guts tell me one of the leads should be carrying juice to the tranny, but I'm not sure how it ties into the harness since it's cut. Trying to figure it out so I can wire in the '91 5 speed mini truck tranny. :bang:

Any electrical gurus out there?

I've got a 72 parts pig. Totally different dash on it... I know where the front wheel drive ind. light it on that dash... But not 73 and later. I really need to know how the 3 wires from the transmission tie into the wiring harness...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom