A Dumb Question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the head off my 2F right now, I was just cleaning the rocker arm assembly......how does the oil get to the rocker arms ??

There are oil passageways in the top of the head and the bottom of the rocker arm supports, pressurized oil goes up there and into the rocker arm rail where it comes out of small weep holes.

few pics
IMG_1895.jpg
IMG_1900.jpg
IMG_1903.jpg

Yeah....not much clearance around those head bolts. I do however see one hole in the middle that oil is pumped through to the rocker assembly.....but just one

Oil arrives through that one hole in the rocker assembly by way of the #4(or was it #3?) cam bearing.

Yeah....not much clearance around those head bolts. I do however see one hole in the middle that oil is pumped through to the rocker assembly.....but just one

by way of the #4(or was it #3?) cam bearing.

Oh, it changed around between the F, lateF and 2F...just enough to occasionally confuse a rebuilder and lead to some hilarious threads.

To clarify, the path from bottom to top for oiling.
On a 2F, pump to oil filter to crank journal to cam bearing to top of block, thru passage in the head gasket to a head bolt. Oil travels around the head bolt in the head up to a horizontal passage which comes out in the middle of #4 rocker. This passage was factory drilled and plugged. This is the famous plug that falls out.

On an F engine I think the oil pump has a fitting on it that connects to a copper tube which travels thru holes in the block and head up to the rockers and screws on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom