A/C free-on hose leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
yet another question, so my a/c coolant/free-on hose has a leak in it so when I charge my a/c she will run good for about 1-2 days and then will go back to blowing room temp air. I have tried the indicator and sealant which worked well for a couple of days but eventually failed me. I took it to the local ac shop and they wanted several hundreds of dollars for what seems to be a simple fix only reason why that price tag is giving me heart burn is my rig has 436k on it and have other things to worry about. Here in tucson where it is 110 degrees in the summer ..... yeah ac is sometimes a nice thing to have lol. Does anyone have any fixes to try even temporary? I was thinking of trying a piece of bike inner tube and a hose clamp over the few punctures to stop the coolant from leaking... Any ideas????

yet another question, so my a/c coolant/free-on hose has a leak in it so when I charge my a/c she will run good for about 1-2 days and then will go back to blowing room temp air. I have tried the indicator and sealant which worked well for a couple of days but eventually failed me. I took it to the local ac shop and they wanted several hundreds of dollars for what seems to be a simple fix only reason why that price tag is giving me heart burn is my rig has 436k on it and have other things to worry about. Here in tucson where it is 110 degrees in the summer ..... yeah ac is sometimes a nice thing to have lol. Does anyone have any fixes to try even temporary? I was thinking of trying a piece of bike inner tube and a hose clamp over the few punctures to stop the coolant from leaking... Any ideas????

IF the leak in a 'hard line' then certain products are available for repair of that. But you have stated it is in a "hose", in which case replacing the hose is the best solution.

Any repair that requires cutting/splicing/removing a line/hose of course...means you will need to evacuate the system, replace the drier, pull a vacuum and recharge. That is the reason for the 'estimate' from the A/C shop running into a few hundred dollars.

IF the leak in a 'hard line' then certain products are available for repair of that. But you have stated it is in a "hose", in which case replacing the hose is the best solution.

Any repair that requires cutting/splicing/removing a line/hose of course...means you will need to evacuate the system, replace the drier, pull a vacuum and recharge. That is the reason for the 'estimate' from the A/C shop running into a few hundred dollars.

your right it is a hard line not a hose i was wrong. what products would you recommend?

Have you tried Red Angel yet? I have a leak myself, i plan on putting it off as long as I can with sealant products- i hear Red angel works much longer term than most other products.

But a the end of the day, a real fix is the preferred solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom