A/C drain questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
jumeirahparts.com
Okay so I have had the infamous evap box water leak for a while now and it hasn't really bothered me but I have recently noticed that it has been causing my RH sway bar mount to rust.
What methods do you recommend to clean out the drain tube of debris and what size rubber hose will fit over the drain tube for an extension?

Some strong stiff fishing line. Coat hanger could cause a problem. Also remove the rust from the RH sway bar and cover it with a good layer of rustoliem.

My bracket was pretty rough looking too. I stuck a tube on there, probably 3/4" and attached with zip tie. Ran the tube to outside of frame and it exits in front wheel well, directly to the ground. I think i did this the first weekend we owned the truck as a temporary fix. At the time I intended to come up with something a bit better but after 18 months and 20k miles it's worked perfect so I've just left it be.

IMAG1631.jpg

IMAG1632.jpg

Before putting the tube on I used weed eater line to clean out drain.

And good advice on cleaning up the bracket and painting it or fluid film or something similar.

Cruiser Garage makes a kit to extend the line as well.

They’re sold out which why I’m asking for the hose ID. Looks simple enough to make my own.

There probably sold out because I bought 3 of their kits last week. I bought the 2nd for a spare and the 3rd I am going to use it on my GF's Land Rover.

The kit does well but, the manual didn't make much sense until I carried it under the LX with the kit.

There probably sold out because I bought 3 of their kits last week. I bought the 2nd for a spare and the 3rd I am going to use it on my GF's Land Rover.

The kit does well but, the manual didn't make much sense until I carried it under the LX with the kit.
Do you have the kits in hand? If so, any chance you can measure the diameter of the barbed fitting?

A Pex elbow will work. I posted a thread about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom