96' FZJ80 automatic AC blower resistor (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

first time posting as a fresh owner of an fzj80 from 96 with 200k miles :)

1691139150329.png

After successfully overhauling all technical debts (already did steering gearbox and brake system) I wanted to tackle the electronics, first item on the list being my AC.
I found out that since the blower only works on highest and lowest setting, its probably a fried blower-resistor 87138-60220
But after opening the glove box, I saw that my car has all parts for an automatic ac, which doesnt use the 87138-60220 but the 87138-60230?
But the 87138-60230 from the parts catalogue I have in front of me should only have been used in the 97 40th anniversary Edition?

Can someone clear this up for me? Is the catalogue wrong and it's a standard part also available in a standard 96?

Also - I could not find a single seller for this part, is there any other part number available from Toyota/Lexus that does the job?

I saw a lot of people switching out a automatic AC to a manual AC because of reliability and part availability, and I'm starting to wonder if the previous owner switched the AC with the one from his 40th anniversary - which I know he owns aswell.. but maybe I'm wrong and this is normal in a 96.

I appreciate any helping information! :cool:

Hey!
Yes exactly, I also found a replacement part in a different Thread which I just ordered from carid but I'm still wondering if this should be in my 96 :cautious:

Yeah, tbh it does seem pretty sketch. Since you say your AC unit isn’t automatic, does it also have the little denso black box that’s right under the glove box? It kinda looks like the tan box you’ll find under the steering wheel of the driver side, close to the AC unit.

yes it does have the denso box

i checked in the dashboard - the control unit is the standard blue/red cold/warm sliding control unit but in the back it has a box with a switch "automatic / manual" which is on manual

and the ac unit itself is definitly a full automatic unit with the 87138-60230, denso box and everything I would see in pictures in a thread like this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom