LX 450 (and anniversary/40th ed.?) climate control blower motor resistor replacement? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
does anyone know where this blower motor resistor goes in the US LX450? i ordered the wrong part initially (the non-climate control one i guess) and now i think i have the right part but now that i am back in there it doesn't seem like it fits?
i saw one thread online but it wasn't so great and the pic seemed to show it on the right side which is where i am looking for it here.
originally i thought it might be on the backside but if i get a mirror back there i don't see anything there anyway?
any ideas on where to go from here?
it's 105 dF in the shade down here and it's my daily so i would like to get this sorted here eventually.
THANKS
(EDIT: i guess i should clarify i looked up the part number in partsouq and it wasn't available and then found it on rockauto by the part number and ordered from rockauto...)

Last edited:
pics
IMG_4118.jpeg
IMG_4117.jpeg

IMG_4116.jpeg

IMG_4109.jpeg

ok. here goes a removal and install explanation with pics.
-
somehow i l accidentally ordered the wrong part for a non climate control i think. then partsouq was out of stock and i ordered from rockauto so i still wasn't convinced i got the right part.
so then when i had the right part i kept getting it confused with the power transistor which is readily seen. in part because the online fiche and the FSM are not good at showing where the resistor is. which is right above the transistor but you have to remove a part and get cabling out of the way to see it.
after that there are some tricks that would make it a whole lot easier because it is very tight in there. my stubby phillips head wouldn't fit so i want to a mini craftsman socket wrench and even then i had to cut down the bit to make it shorter.
anyway maybe this will be od help to someone.
next time i would i probably remove the passenger seat.

IMG_4175.jpeg

IMG_4181.jpeg

IMG_4182.jpeg

IMG_4183.jpeg

IMG_4184.jpeg

does anyone know where this blower motor resistor goes in the US LX450? i ordered the wrong part initially (the non-climate control one i guess) and now i think i have the right part but now that i am back in there it doesn't seem like it fits?
i saw one thread online but it wasn't so great and the pic seemed to show it on the right side which is where i am looking for it here.
originally i thought it might be on the backside but if i get a mirror back there i don't see anything there anyway?
any ideas on where to go from here?
it's 105 dF in the shade down here and it's my daily so i would like to get this sorted here eventually.
THANKS
(EDIT: i guess i should clarify i looked up the part number in partsouq and it wasn't available and then found it on rockauto by the part number and ordered from rockauto...)
Thanks for the detailed write up on replacement.

I have a 97 LX 450 that the blower only works on low and high setting. Does this fix take care of that? thanks.

Thanks for the detailed write up on replacement.

I have a 97 LX 450 that the blower only works on low and high setting. Does this fix take care of that? thanks.
It should if you can find the right part. The resistor that he ordered is the same one I got from rockauto. it is specific to the LX450 and 40th anniversary edition and it was out of stock for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom