95 4Runner roofrack help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All

iv got a stock 95 runner with out the factory roof rack.
so my question is is there any way i can fab something or buy parts to mount a rack and basket behind my sunroof?!
any pics and info/ ideas would rock!!

Thule makes bars that fit your 4Runner w/o a factory roof rack installed. They also make baskets to mount to the bars.

http://www.thuleracks.com/product.asp?dept_id=30&sku=690

Wilderness also makes baskets that will fit Thule bars. All in all, not the cheapest solution but it sure beats drilling holes in your roof.

4x4connection.com sells the wilderness racks that mount to the Thule bars.

Buy these brackets:
Wilderness Roof Rack Universal Thule & Yakima Mounting Brackets

and one of these baskets:

Truck Cap Rack</b> Wilderness Roof Racks<b>

Welcome to 'Mud!

Here's a few pictures of my Yakima mounts. The bar holds tension on the mounts.

Yakima Rack on 4Runner 002.jpg

Yakima Rack on 4Runner 003.jpg

Yakima Rack on 4Runner 007.jpg
Yakima Rack on 4Runner 002.jpg
Yakima Rack on 4Runner 003.jpg
Yakima Rack on 4Runner 007.jpg

The mounts are probably do-able, but might be a serious pain. I'd say buy a good rack setup like War suggested and build your own basket. I've been thinking of doing one for mine, actually.

sweet thaxs for the insite.
any one happen to no of any one that has but a rack behind the sunroof with out the factory rail?!

I went to a junk yard , found a wrecked 2nd gen. and took the roof rack off that, since my 95 didn't come with one , and i think i will try to make my own basket for it.

Id like to c how it comes out
building ur own basket is the way to go

Id like to c how it comes out
building ur own basket is the way to go

I'm not gonna have the basket done for awhile . I working on getting it lifted right now. the basket won't be anything special. I'm probablly gonna :wrench: make it out of wood that way i won't be spending alot of $$$$ on something i don't like.

Hey All

iv got a stock 95 runner with out the factory roof rack.
so my question is is there any way i can fab something or buy parts to mount a rack and basket behind my sunroof?!
any pics and info/ ideas would rock!!
Hey I just came across with this thread and I know it's an old one but I'll give my opinion any way.

Maybe you can use a universal mount and pair it with a crossbars you could find and do some little DIY and you got yourself a roof rack.

I'm not sure if there's still a 2nd gen roof rack available in the market right now but I'll let you know if I see one.

Thank you for the reply but sadly I sold the 95 MANY years, about 10 truck/SUV's/ and cars since. It was super mint and I should have held on to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom