Builds '91 PZJ77 Money Pit in Flat White (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think I figured it out! I noticed the top of my fuel filter was wet, so i primed it with 15 or so pumps, and fuel started bubbling out of the cap...

View recent photos.png

Is it as simple as tightening the cap?

That is the fuel heater element, there is an o-ring inside that probably needs to be replaced. If that doesn't solve the problem, the best option is to just get a new filter/primer assembly without the heater. This is a very common problem for original filter housings.

Thanks! I didn't see the o-ring on partsouq part diagrams, do you know where I can source one?

I found none of it was available. Somebody on here found a matching o-ring (maybe @Rigster ?) but I simply replaced the whole housing as @AirheadNut mentioned. This also gives you a new primer pump as well, which eliminates another potential trouble area. Only about 100 bucks or so.

I will have to give credit to JDMBC for this find. Apparently there are a few filter housings out there that still have the heater option on it. However in your case, you may be able to get away with just buying the heater element part? They are sold separately.

I found none of it was available. Somebody on here found a matching o-ring (maybe @Rigster ?) but I simply replaced the whole housing as @AirheadNut mentioned. This also gives you a new primer pump as well, which eliminates another potential trouble area. Only about 100 bucks or so.
I saw in another thread that people like the heater element... Does it just help with cold weather starts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom