89 FJ62 wire coverings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Simple question for post #1. For FJ62's how are most of the wiring bundles wrapped? Regular electrical tape, Tesa tape, split wire loom or braided sleeve? Should I see any zip ties on factory wiring? Trying to hunt down where she may be hiding taps or splices or butt connectors.

Mike

Inside the cab there is a thick wrap. In the engine bay it’s a mix of hard wrap and soft. Tesa tape is awesome as well as super 88 tape.
What are you looking to do?

Toyota wraps the wire bundles their own way. Splices in a bundle can be anywhere

@red66toy Just looking to hunt down any rat’s nests proactively. Pulled some, I’m guessing block heater wiring from the alternator. Vampire spliced in.
My truck is very well taken care of but there are a few shade tree issues. I’m in that still feelin her out stage and any help on those hidden red flags is appreciated.
Thx.

@red66toy Just looking to hunt down any rat’s nests proactively. Pulled some, I’m guessing block heater wiring from the alternator. Vampire spliced in.
My truck is very well taken care of but there are a few shade tree issues. I’m in that still feelin her out stage and any help on those hidden red flags is appreciated.
Thx.
I can snap a pic in the morning of that area for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom