SOLD 87 FJ60 - Colorado (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Looking to get $3,500

I'm in the position where I'm thinking about giving up my project FJ60. I was in the process of swapping a 3FE from a 92 FJ80 into my FJ60 and ended up pausing the completion due to financial and work reasons. The 3FE is installed (all new engine gaskets and seals, new head gaskets and head bolts.) The engine came out of a running and driving FJ80 with 200-210K miles on it. The FJ60 body/chassis is lower at around 140-150K. The crusier was purchased at a salvage yard in Colorado by the previous owner. Proof of purchase and State inspection and title check is clear. But I do not have the title. I'm either selling this as a complete parts cruiser or someone can go through the bonding process and get a title for it. I just ran out of time and energy for the project.

What's left on the swap. 1: Emissions/ Smog stuff needs to be hooked up. 2: Needs a FJ62 3FE Exhaust from the Manifold to the Cat. It's the one that goes from 2 pipes to 1. And I'm sure there will be some little troubleshooting here and there left. But I'd say the project is 80-90% done. There is a new fuel pump that works with the fuel injected system installed along with a lot of other swap items including an extra ECU and other random parts. It has a new windshield.

The Interior is pretty rough - I pulled the carpet, but have pretty much everything else. Seats are decent. Dash is rough, no radio. Overall the Crusier is Rust Free!! But does have dents and dings all over. It would be a perfect candidate to restore as finding ones without rusted out quarter panels and roofs are hard to come by. I also have 4 extra stock rims on junk tires that go with this. Will get more pics - It's currently at a shop in Loveland waiting to be worked on.

778C3554-82BE-4EA3-B4BF-500312FDBDF5.png

97164653-FEB4-4762-9C3A-3306B6C5CD9D.png

CC4D8E8B-DBB9-4399-AA96-0912DAB4D512.png

Last edited:
This is a great deal man! I really wish I was in the market for one or else I’d snag this baby right up!
might not hurt to throw up a couple engine bay,interior and undercarriage pics so people can see more of what they’re getting/looking at? GLWS bud👍

Interior pics would be good too. Looks like a lot of dents and dings as you mentioned. What’s the deal with the black areas on the front end? Is it bed liner?

Have you done anything to the cruiser since the purchase in august? Any updated pics? Why are you selling? No offense and not trying to troll but it is a bit odd to post the exact same description, pics and reason for selling as the guy you purchased it from 5 mo ago.... am I missing something? Guessing it was a bit more expensive to finish up then you thought?

Have you done anything to the cruiser since the purchase in august? Any updated pics? Why are you selling? No offense and not trying to troll but it is a bit odd to post the exact same description, pics and reason for selling as the guy you purchased it from 5 mo ago.... am I missing something? Guessing it was a bit more expensive to finish up then you thought?

Ha, figured someone would spot that. Previous owner did such a good job with the write up, and almost nothing has changed. I managed to tow it to one shop, who took a few months to say they weren’t a good fit and recommended another shop. It’s now been sitting at shop 2 for a few months with no progress to speak of. I’m sure they’d eventually get around to it, but I’m bored with all this waiting. So, figured I’d see if anyone out there wants it more than I do.

yes, the black stuff is bedliner. It’s not in good shape, except for the few places where most 60s are in bad shape. I was hoping it would be a lot easier to just drop off and pay to have someone finish the swap. More waiting than doing in my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom