craigslist 86 FJ60 - Richmond VA - No affiliation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Came across this one and it looks like its either too good to be true for the asking price or maybe it really is a deal:

1986 Toyota FJ60 Land Cruiser

$6000

'86 FJ60 for sale. 4.2 straight 6 with manual 4speed. Was running great but has been sitting for a while due to carb issue. Have new carb to be installed. Tired great shape, some body rust per usual for these Land Cruisers. I have a rust free door to replace front passenger door that's in bad shape. Frame good. Interior mostly good, driver seat upholstery torn. Rig needs some love and attention and hate to sell but need to.

Many performance upgrades:
Euro code aftermarket headlights
Davis H.E.I. Distributor and wires
New plugs
New aftermarket carb (still in box)
New battery
Desmog (no emissions)
Header with stainless exhaust (sounds awesome)
Custom bumpers front and rear
9500lb winch
35" BFGoodrich Mud Terrain Tires
Spring over axle lift
Tinted windows
Bluetooth stereo
Dual electric radiator fan
Lots of spare parts

00i0i_at4Q5VkSn1r_1200x900.jpg

I’m trying to make a run at it. Just waiting for some undercarriage pictures as well as shots of the rust. Seems reasonable to me? The biggest concern to me is that it won’t run with the current carb that is on it.

Last edited:
That is a really well priced rig that is extremely presentable.

If I wasn't halfway across the country and in the market I'd probably jump on it myself.

I’m trying to make a run at it. Just waiting for some undercarriage pictures as well as shots of the rust. Seems reasonable to me? The biggest concern to me is that it won’t run with the current carb that is on it.

@USMC Dude I live in Richmond and would be more than happy to take a look at it for you if needed.

Josh

That would actually be fantastic. I appreciate it. I am still learning about these and someone with a little more experience looking it over wouldn’t be a bad thing. I got an email from the seller this morning and am just waiting on some pics and other info. I live a few hours away, so any help is appreciated.

I used to live in Richmond and have seen that truck. Although its been a year or two. I was actually considering it. However the timing is not right for me.
Good Luck. I also know some reputable shops that can look it over for you if needed.

Thank you. Hopefully I hear back. It’s been silent since I got an email saying that he would text me pictures. This has been my luck with the hunt though.

Kind of bummed. I am ready to buy this and haven’t gotten any email responses since the seller said that he would send me more pics. Does anyone know the seller?

Kind of bummed. I am ready to buy this and haven’t gotten any email responses since the seller said that he would send me more pics. Does anyone know the seller?

I hope that A) the guy and truck are legit and he is just busy and B) you can land this fish. That said I've had plenty of interactions on CL to know suspect that gaps in communication often mean someone else stopped by, handed over cash, and the seller has too many people emailing to respond.

Thank you. If he sold it, hopefully he lets me know. Hopefully he is just busy.

Thank you. If he sold it, hopefully he lets me know. Hopefully he is just busy.

I went ahead and e-mailed him to see if he's still got it. I'll let you know what the verdict is!

On a side note whenever I see something on craigslist and they only have an e-mail, I make sure to ask them to text me or call me and give them my phone number. I've had horrible luck just e-mailing sellers haha.

Thank you. I do the same. I am Active Duty Military stationed in North Carolina and have a California number, so I think that scares some people from responding. I always try to put info in my emails that identifies that I am not a scammer. I guess if you couple with me having someone local look at it, it comes off scammy. I always make sure I mention why I have a California number and make sure I put something in the email to clarify that I am not a scammer.

Just got pics texted to me. Sweet!

Awesome man!!

I really hope you get this truck!

Also thank you very much for your service. :cheers:

I did not. He dropped the price on it and it isn't in too bad of shape. There are just a few things that made me decide it is not the right one for me. I would rather be somewhat picky and go with my gut than settle and not be happy.

I did not. He dropped the price on it and it isn't in too bad of shape. There are just a few things that made me decide it is not the right one for me. I would rather be somewhat picky and go with my gut than settle and not be happy.

Thanks for the update! Always trust your gut and if it doesn't feel right, somethings wrong.

You'll find yourself in a cruiser sooner than later. Try to buy from a mudder if you can, it can help take the guesswork out of the sale.

What are some of those things? Wanna post some of those pics in this thread that you received? Just curious myself...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom