SOLD Northern VA- 1989 FJ62 with H55F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
1989 FJ62, 247k miles. H55f 5-speed conversion. Asking $36k.

Looking to sell our FJ62 or 100 as we need a Sienna or possibly a Rivian r1s. The 100 is more practical but the 62 will be hard to see go. Not in a rush and have a few people interested in the 100.

Cruises beautifully at 70-73mph. I wouldn’t hesitate to drive it cross country tomorrow.

Purchased in July 2017 at 225k miles from the 2nd owners who had owned it since the early 1990s.

Engine:
-fuel: new fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pressure dampener, cold start injector serviced by witchunter. Have a Denso fuel pump kit new in box.

-cooling: reconditioned CSF brass radiator, all new hoses and hose clamps from Toyota including rear heater hoses (Gates hoses used where OEM was no longer available), new Denso water pump, OEM coolant temp sensor, Toyota red coolant.

-exhaust: system replaced from the downpipes back including replacement cats. There is a small leak at the O2 sensor that needs to be addressed.

-electrics: new reman alternator from Toyota in last 2k miles. Heavy duty lines (Ancor marine grade) have been run directly with a Blue Sea battery fuse

-other: new oil pan/oil pan seal and rear main seal replaced during transmission conversion. preventative oil galley plug fix completed. Vacuum lines replaced with silicone.

Drivetrain:
-h55f conversion and transfer case rebuild completed at ~237k miles by OTRAMM. Transfer case received new McNamara gear.
-front axle rebuilt by OTRAMM
-front and rear differential fluid recently changed

Brakes:
-new OEM front rotors and reman calipers
-all rubber brake lines replaced with OEM
-new Aisin master cylinder
-parking brake is fully functional

Steering:
-all new steering links and rods installed by Iron Pig Offroad
-upgraded to an 80 series steering box

Suspension, Wheels and Tires:
-Old Man Emu medium/heavy (the terminology varies on this but the are cs004 front and rear springs) and bushings. Around 240k miles. No cruiser lean!
-Old Man Emu greasable anti-inversion shackles
-Dobinsons greasable spring pins
-Toughdog foam cell shocks
-generic sway bar links and bushings. I have a set of HD sway bar links from Trail Tailor.
-less than 5k miles on Kenda Klever RT 35x10.5r17. There is some tire rub on the exhaust that needs to be addressed.
-Toyota 4Runner TRD pro wheels
-matching 5th wheel and tire
-I have the original wheels to include. Not perfect but serviceable.

Body:
-new OEM tail light lenses, new DEPO indicator lenses, new OEM marker lights and gaskets
-new Toyota 70 series chrome side mirrors. These are powered and plug and play. So shiny.
-all exterior lights except headlights converted to LED (even the blinkers)
-Hella H4 high/low headlights and ARB IPF upgraded headlight wiring harness for all 4 lights (better output than my 100 and 2007 Subaru Outback I had)
-paint is very good and appears to be original. No clear coat failure.

Interior:
-Noico sound deadening in rear and doors
-new vapor barriers in doors
-power window relay mod (increases speed)
-new SwitchDoctor master window and lock switch
-wet okole seat covers
-brand new full DNP carpet set in box. I had plan to install this plus finish the soundening. (a 2.5 yo and 1 year old have made that hard lol)
-interior including rear seat and passenger seat are in excellent condition. Driver seat has a patch with non-OEM fabric and needs new foam. I have a good OEM upper seat cover to have this repaired. Another nice to have thing I haven’t gotten to.
-Wits End dash switch plate for RAM mount
-pioneer single din radio with Bluetooth and upgraded speakers.
-additional OEM grab bars (front corner above rear doors and passenger side a pillar) added using the existing mounts.
-new interior dome light assemblies
-new rubber pedal pads
-one dash crack, one bezel crack

Air Conditioning:
-new Denso compressor, evap, pressure switch, dryer
-running r12a (an r12 alternative) with great results

Other:
-4Runner front wiper upgrade with PIAA silicone wipers
-80 series rear wiper upgrade
-Wits End Anderson plug mount on front bumper
-3 FrontRunner roof bars
-White Knuckle Offroad rock sliders with no nerf bars
-Toyota fj60 non-power antenna
-custom built rear drawers using furniture grade wood. Bolts to existing tie down anchors in the floor.
-CVT AWNING NOT INCLUDED

THE BAD:
-the front main seal/timing cover area has a large leak. The side panel gasket should also be resealed.
-one small dent - hardly visible and could be PDR’d
-paint is in great condition. Upper tailgate could use a respray. I touched it up but could be prettier.
-one dash crack, one bezel crack
IMG_6594.jpeg
IMG_8498.jpeg
IMG_3274.jpeg
IMG_3053.jpeg
IMG_3054.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_1018.jpeg
IMG_1015.jpeg
IMG_1017.jpeg
IMG_1014.jpeg

IMG_4989.jpeg
IMG_4987.jpeg
IMG_4849.jpeg
IMG_2824.png

IMG_0683.jpeg

IMG_0668.jpeg
IMG_0723.jpeg
IMG_1294.jpeg

price? ive seen this truck in person in NOVA, you've probably passed me in my red one lol

price? ive seen this truck in person in NOVA, you've probably passed me in my red one lol
Oops just added it. I probably have!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom