86 Fj60 front seat brackets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a pair of OEM front seats but don't have the correct brackets or hardware that work for the seats. I bought the seats last spring but I couldn't get them to attach properly and having done some reading that's because they changed the seat brackets? Right now I just have them bolted on really sketchy recaro seats and looking to get the correct ones. I was wondering if anyone had brackets and hardware for sale or any information that might help. Thanks, J

did they not change the floor plan between the early and later model 60's and so therefore late model seats don't bolt into early model trucks. Could you swap the bottom brackets?

not exactly clear on what your trying to do. Are you trying to bolt in aftermarket seats? or later model FJ60 seats?

more pictures of the seats.
the truck is fine.
the bracketery on the seats is screwy. there is some homemade going on there, but i can't quite see what they were trying to do.

I bought these seats (not sure if they're early fj60's seats or later) and when I went to mount them they wouldn't line up right to the body. I took the recaro seat mounts from the seat that were in the 60 when I bought it and bolted them to the bottom of the stock seats so they would fit for the time being. I'm trying to figure out where or if someone has brackets so I can then use the correct seat brackets/mounts so I can attach the stock seats to the floor correctly.

The floor changed in 86 or 87, so the seat mounting brackets/sliders changed too. You probably got seats from a later truck and the sliders that were attached would not work. The sliders that you switched to (pictured above in the second to last pic) look like the aftermarket sliders/brackets that Recaro and others sold to make their seats compatible. It looks like even these aftermarket sliders might not be quite right for an '85 floor.

This is what the sliders/brackets for an '85 FJ60 should look like. The front mounts sit on the raised lip on the floor (your pictures 2 and 3), and the rear ones sit on the two angled bosses that come up thru the carpet (your pictures 4 and 5).

If you really love those stock seats, you should look for replacement stock sliders/brackets from an '85 FJ60. Try cruiserparts, cruiseryard, or the parting out section. I am assuming that the sliders can be swapped - maybe take a close look at the pic below and compare it to your seats.

seat_under.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom