Builds Project Snowball ❄️ 85 FJ60 Cummins 4BT/ HX-30 SUPER/ NV4500/ SOA (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is what mine look like. It's angle iron with gussets.

I tired taking some pics from the top view, but it's not really visible and it's raining today.

20180225_123025.jpg
20180225_123013.jpg
20180225_123031.jpg
20180225_123057.jpg
20180225_123001.jpg

Today was a challenge. Trying to locate motor so shifter lines up and turbo fits under the hood. Started construction of motor mounts. Had an I- Beam at work I cut the sides off one side. Challenge is than I'm SUA and need help from other 4BT swappers who stayed SUA of where they mounted motor. With the NV4500 I'm about 3-4" toward rear of the factory shifter cutout. This allows the turbo to fit nicely but think it needs move forward. Good point to stop tonight and clean up. Here are some fabrication pictures.
The plus part was at work we got a new JET bandsaw and haven't used it yet. Had to run a 240 Volt circuit from service panel to 240 outlet. The bandsaw cuts like a hot knife through butter. I guess there's a reason they call it JET.
IMG_8233.JPG

IMG_8234.JPG

IMG_8235.JPG

IMG_8236.JPG

IMG_8237.JPG

Ooooh i want a band saw.
That bandsaw was a spendy item. The teeth on the blade look like the type on a Christmas tree saw, we weren't sure how well it would cut steel... boy were we wrong. Glad we're putting it to good use. Are you sitting SOA or SUA?

Who me? SUA yet. I only lifted 2 inches cuz of broken stock springs.

Dem Cummins look taller than my mitsi. My front drive shaft is very very close to the bell housing. If i didn't have the Air bag bump stops, i definitely would have smacked the axle on the block by now.

I found a great thread on this 4BT swap SUA but cannot find it again for the life of me. Wished I had saved in on my phone in the FJ60 files. If anyone can help me locate this that'd be great. I'd rather stay SUA for comfort and to keep a lower profile. If I have to go SOA I will but prefer not to.

IMG_8241.PNG

I found a great thread on this 4BT swap SUA but cannot find it again for the life of me. Wished I had saved in on my phone in the FJ60 files. If anyone can help me locate this that'd be great. I'd rather stay SUA for comfort and to keep a lower profile. If I have to go SOA I will but prefer not to.

Your image is spring under, but it also has a shackle reversal which will net some additional lift. I can't recall if you had or were doing a shackle reversal while staying SUA.

Your image is spring under, but it also has a shackle reversal which will net some additional lift. I can't recall if you had or were doing a shackle reversal while staying SUA.
Anything to stay SUA. I know that picture is a SUA shackle reverse. It was a good thread with a lot of pictures. I would like to find it again.

I'm going to go SUA with Old Man EMU/ Man-A-Fre 4" suspension lift with shackle reversal. A bit of coin for the kit but if your in it this far mize we'll go all the way. I'm wondering if I should get the U-bolt reversal kit while I'm at it? At least get the front end done but at $ 219 per axel I'm not sure if it's justified at this point. Any thoughts?

I'm trying to remember the name of the thread. There is someone who kept it SUA but had to cut and reweld the oil pan.
From what I've seen so far going with a 4" lift SUA that shouldn't be a problem. The oil drain plug may need to be located to drivers side but that can be done.

Instead of welding the motor mounts to frame was thinking of running grade 8 bolts through frame to attach. Any suggestions, vibration loosening bolts... bad idea? Open to suggestions.

I posted this thread earlier in January but didn't want to have too many threads going so thought I'd post it here. I've bought one of these TNF tees last year and they are super comfortable and show the cruiser we all love. They are on sale with free shipping $15.00 each! I just bought another just to have a spare.

IMG_8252.PNG

Instead of welding the motor mounts to frame was thinking of running grade 8 bolts through frame to attach. Any suggestions, vibration loosening bolts... bad idea? Open to suggestions.
That engine vibrates a lot. My concern would be it coming loose.

If you sleeved the holes in the frame where you're passing the bolts through it might hold up with some kind of locking nuts. But then your welding anyways so you might as well weld the mount on in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom