84 4Runner DLX Powder Coated Wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I’m restoring an ‘84 4Runner and I really dig the stock styling. I’m putting a set of painted Land Cruiser wheels on which is a wheel that could have come on these trucks in ‘84. I had the wheels powder coated, first time experience for me, and I’m not sure if I’m happy with the results.

First thing is the color, I debated on going just straight attic white, or the cream white you find on the stock LC and Pickup wheels- Cygnus White T012.

I went with PRB-1009 (Prismatic Powders - WHITE HEAD RIVER - https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PRB-1009/white-head-river)
IMG_5438.jpeg

I dig the color, but now I’m thinking I should have just gone for an Arctic White.

Second thing, I’m wondering what people do to prep their LC wheels for powder coating? Should the creases of the wheel look like this, or do you think I should take them back to the powder coater, and ask what’s up.

IMG_5449.jpeg

IMG_5448.jpeg

IMG_5447.jpeg

The powdercoat looks too thick in one area and too thin in others.

what @gnob and @msahr said. I'm glad he's redoing them.. If you weren't in Vegas, I'd say you're going to rust showing up in those spots.

I think the color looks great through. For reference, these are my wheels done in the same powder:

IMG_8277.jpeg

what @gnob and @msahr said. I'm glad he's redoing them.. If you weren't in Vegas, I'd say you're going to rust showing up in those spots.

I think the color looks great through. For reference, these are my wheels done in the same powder:

View attachment 3336981
Those look great, I can see the corners aren’t all gunked up like mine. I’m happy with the color. I’m no longer contemplating if I should have gone with a more true white.

I should also say this powder coater only charged me $400 for all 4 wheels. So maybe you get what you pay for, but I was very insistent on the quality I was expecting.

Happy he took them back.

They look fantastic.

A very attractive combination of colors with the red body and white top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom