80s for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just noticed that Christo has a trucks for sale page. If you take the price of an 80 and then add the price of all all these mods, the prices seem very reasonable. Could save someone the hassle of modifying a stock truck and the labour is already done.
Sean. http://www.sleeoffroad.com/for_sale/shop/shop.htm

why do you think slee would be selling thier product testing vehicle....is there a new one coming? are they done testing new gear? just curious.

It's called "Up-grading"....... :rolleyes:

Think of it this way, this is an oppourtunity to pruchase an historicaly significant vehicle..........ala "Who needs a road?"......

D-

There is a guy in OZ with a maroon one (makes it stick out down there) that has like 682,000 miles on it. It is a petro not a diesel. He's done regular maintainence but the motor has not been cracked open. If I find the link I'll post it for you.

Oops! wrong comment for this post.

At that price, someone needs to snatch it quick, but then again, hopefully someone that will wheel it.

Then again, some dude like Kenton would likely end up with it. :slap: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :D :D :D :D :D

i have a hard time calling that vehicle historic......and what is there to upgrade? is he going to start from scratch? how hard is it to switch in and out new springs or control arms. he is not going to buy a new vehicle every time he decides to market a new product is he......I think it is a pretty reason able question as to why someone like slee would be selling their product vehicle........ :flipoff2: off

If I wasn't stuck...I mean "so in love" with my 91 I would buy it.

NW...I feel the love.

NW, I drove the yellow truck about a month ago when I was having work done on my truck. That truck runs well and is tight. If I was in the market for a very capable truck I would check it out. You would know all the maintenece has been done. As for product testing, Robbie seems to have quite a few goodies on his truck :D.
Sean

[quote author=NW-sickboy link=board=2;threadid=7773;start=msg65539#msg65539 date=1069324220]
i have a hard time calling that vehicle historic
[/quote]

Agreed, other than about the only yellow one in the US. :D

[quote author=NW-sickboy link=board=2;threadid=7773;start=msg65539#msg65539 date=1069324220]
......and what is there to upgrade? is he going to start from scratch? how hard is it to switch in and out new springs or control arms. he is not going to buy a new vehicle every time he decides to market a new product is he......I think it is a pretty reason able question as to why someone like slee would be selling their product vehicle........ :flipoff2: off
[/quote]

Yes, quite valid, so here is the story. The truck was initially purchased to be a prototype/advertising truck. We used it to develop a lot of products. It was also going to be my heavy wheeling truck. As the wheeling changed and the people I wheeled with, I wanted a truck that was more hardcore and not as expensive if I trashed it. So I built the ShortBus. This meant I had to get a tow truck since the ShortBus is trailered. Tried it one with the 100 Series I had at the time and it did not work out. So I sold the 100, got a Ford. Ford turned out to be a POS, sold that and bought a Chevy.

We are getting more and more request for 100 series items and I need to buy another one. Since the Schoolbus is not used anymore, that is the logical thing to sell to get the funds for a 100 series.

I still need an 80 for testing and R&D and actually have one lined up that is pretty cheap with a bad motor but it still runs. For fitting parts etc etc, it will do just fine and a lot less $'s tied up in it.

I have tried to develop products without having the vehicles and it makes it really difficult and extends the time a lot if you have to rely on favors to get the trucks to the shop to do test fitting etc etc. So yes, we try to buy a vehicle for the products we develop as far as possible. It is also the only real way to test the products and have confidence in how it works in the long term.

Lighten up sickboy,

It was a rhetorical response........... :cheers:

Sicklass,

Dude, post your address and we'll all send you $0.01. Maybe if you get enough you can go out and purchase a clue.
aktion056.gif
sauer038.gif
rainbow.gif

An alternative would be to go take a business 101 class.

Money tied up = not a smart use of funds. :eek:

Fer crying out loud. A guy just posts a source for some great 80s and the seller has to come out with an unneeded explanation. S#^, if I was in the market, and knew what I now know about 80s and wheeling them, I would be an owner of one of those trucks. There is alot of money to be saved.
:cheers:
Sean

No Doubt Sean,

I want the majority of those mods, and I'm gonna be looking at 30k plus if I ever do them all. Plus, you get the added advantage of buying from these guys, Christo etc. Now if buying from them doesn't mean anything to you, then you for sure havn't dealt with them before, they have an excellent reputation, and I'd think that those rigs are in as good a shape that a rig could be in!

Somebody will be a happy owner no doubt

Jeff

I'll trade my 55 and some cash for it!

Sorry dumb question :slap: Guess that doesn't address Slee's economic need. It is a pretty 55 though :D

:eek: Just remembered the wife needs a new car. :slap: ouch she would see right through that one!!

Awesome truck, its a lucky man who picks that one up!!!

Best parts about buying one of Slee's trucks is you know the maint was done right and everything ever done to it was top notch.

:flipoff2:

I was lucky enough to pick up Ben Swain's old truck and it has been nothing but GREAT!!! The other plus to picking up an already built truck is you get to go play NOW. Brad.

Some , though , might run the threat of not being taken seriously ... :'(

• Slee : "Hi may I help you ?"
  • Tyler : "Yeah sure , I drove down to see your awesome 80's!"
  • Slee : "Oh you mean the Schoolbus , and the other 2 ?"
  • Tyler : "Totally , those things are rad man ."
  • Slee : "Well , lets go take a look ..."
  • Tyler : "Right on ..... hey this Schoolbus is mean !"
  • Slee : "Do you want it ?"
  • Tyler : "Absolutely ; got a blank cheque in my wallet."
  • Slee : "Cool , I'll throw in a cup holder and a nicer cb I have kickin around."
  • Tyler : "Excellent Christo !"
  • Slee : "No worries , now whats your name so I can write you out a receipt."
  • Tyler : "It's Tyler from IH8MUD !"
  • Slee : "What ???$%^&"
  • Tyler : *Surprised lurch backwards!*
  • Slee : "Screw off you repugnant gnat !! We don't need your stinkin money ... this baby is going to someone who will actually wheel it ; not some poseur that is going to hang Goddamm sheers , and live at Starbucks !"
  • Tyler : *sobbing uncontrollably ... sniffling and composing himself long enough to utter a weak .. 'ok'..*
  • Slee : "Now screw off !!! Quit wasting my time .."
  • Tyler : *hanging his head , kicking up gravel as he marches off ... extending his thumb for a ride home ; dreams shattered .

:'( :p :D :D :p :'(

Nothin like a 'lil self-deprication to lighten the mood ... :cheers:

Tyler

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom