Registry 80 Series Registry (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_20150822_191432357.jpg

1. Year and model: 1997 FZJ80
2. Name of owner: Mike
3. Name of rig: Marshmallow
4. Mileage: 230,000
5. Mods: OME 3.5" lift aftermarket headlights and signals, Hella driving lights, snorkel, PHH'ed, metal tech slides, ARB bumper, FJ Cruiser wheels, 35" BFG KM2's, CDL Switch., 40th anniversary belt moulding.
6. How the truck is used: Daily driver, expedition travel, and camping

Bought in IL a year ago, after two trips in Utah (Hell's Revenge :) ) after couple thousand of miles in the States she was reborn in Poland :)

1. Year and model: 1997 LX450
2. Name of owner: Mariusz
3. Name of rig: unnamed as of now
4. Mileage: 189k in day of purchasing, currently 207k - 2k after rebuild
5. Mods...if any: OME +2'', 33 AT BFG, second battery + IBS, Safari Snorkel, ARB compressor and rear air locker, 7pin + switch mod, Alpine CD player
Ram Mount for iPadmini, tons of insulation matts inside, fully rebuild body (car from Illinois :( ), trailer hitch, new leather on drivers seat, steering wheel and gear knob, some additional LEDs, front and rear bumpers made by Fabryka4x4, 240V on board (European standard), Front Runner on the roof, James Baroud Grand Raid XXL Evo RTT, LPG installation to pay less for fuel and couple more on going (drawers system in trunk, maybe solar panel and custom made water tanks with heating (using second row heater installation)
6. How the truck is used: mostly DD and holiday trips, and there is "the plan"...
7. in day of purchasing:
IMG_3427.jpg

right now:
IMG_2246.jpg

Did you repaint it

Hello Everybody...

My name is Leo, I am based in Argentina and have recently purchased a '95 FZJ80, American spec.
Will be surely asking you guys a few questions as nobody knows these babies around here in Diesel land...

Thanks!

image.jpg

Hello everyone,

I just purchased my 1996 FZJ80 a couple months ago after a trip out to Zion National Park. I grew up in the city and never really did much camping or hiking growing up, but was so inspired by the beauty of nature out there that I sold my Audi and picked up this rig in Houston. It is completely stock and I have a long road ahead of me as far as mods and learning about overlands trips with zero experience, but I'm excited about the journey. First thing on the list is lift and tires. I'm not sure which OME kit to go, I am primaly using for backcountry/off-road trips, I don't think I need an aggresive lift. Maybe a 3" or 4" lift. I am ordering the rear bumper from 4X4 Labs. and that's my starting point. Any help or recommedations will be much appreciated.

1. 1996 Land Cruiser
2. Noah
3. No name yet
4. 165,000
5. Stock for now.

Thank you

42219768237.405006252.IM1.03.565x421_A.421x421.jpg

I Bought my LC almost a year ago after looking for 2 years to find the right one(Low miles) and found this beauty that was owned by an airplane mechanic in CT. Best buy Ever. I am completely addicted to adding and modifying it.
1. 1996 FZJ-80
2. Brendan
3. Landy
4. 133,000 (Score!)
5. ARB Bull Bar, Warn Winch, IPF Fogs, Dual Battery Setup, OME 2.5" Heavies, 33" Tires and plenty to go.
6. Prepping for long camping in Adirondak's. NY winters, and off roading local mountains

1- 1997 Lx450 locked beige on beige
2- Rob
3- The Thing
4- 143,000miles
5- DD, family hauler, etc...

Had a couple 4 runners in the past [3rd gen and v8 4th gen]. Just switched from a BMW 335i so this is a big change...loving it!

1. 1997 Collectors Edition with Factory Lockers
2. Caleb
3. The kids call it Marshmallow
4. 230k
5. Rancho 5000 shocks & faux beadlock wheels installed by the PO, otherwise completely stock
6. DD & Adventure Rig

All the important stuff is solid. No rust. Original paint. Leaks a bit of oil out of the front seals, but the engine runs strong & smooth. Lockers work great. Interior is great, except for the driver leather. Purchase came with the original wheels, so they will go back on with a new set of tires in a few months. It'll see quite a few mods over the next few months, including OME lift, 33" tires on factory wheels, new bumpers with winch and tire carrier, new leather and new wood trim.

FJZ80.jpg

Picked up this '96 about a month ago, and I absolutely LOVE it. I've had several diesel trucks, but I decided to cross over and cave in to one of these brutes. Rust free AZ vehicle in near mint condition. I can't wait to get out in the country with this girl. First order of business is to get a sturdy front bumper/winch and upgrade the abysmal sound system.

1. Year and model: 1996 FZJ80
2. Name of owner: Joey
3. Name of rig: Homegirl (bought her in Home, PA)
4. Mileage: 172k
5. Mods: OME 2.5", BFG ATs, steelies, front bumper stinger/guard, Thule roof rack
6. How the truck is used: DD and winter brute, eventually extended camping/trailing trips

12004705_1188168351199717_7375617911908585864_n.jpg

I haven't put any of the mods on this vehicle myself. Bought it the way it was because it was perfect for what I intend to use it for. Can't find any major rust, but there are a few other little niggles that need to be sorted. Structurally sound, and the engine is still solid, surprisingly considering the quality of our Diesel here in Kenya. It';s been driven hard on rough roads for many years/KM's so I've pumped in some money to get it into acceptable condition.
Just took her for her first 2000 Km trip up to the Chalbi Desert in Kenya's remote North. No complaints and no fuss. She's a little slow going up long hills, especially when heavily loaded with water and gear, but that's to be expected with a non-turbo diesel. She excels when I need low-speed torque.

1. Year and model: 1994 HZJ80 GX 1HZ (non-turbo 6 cylinder 4000cc Diesel)
2. Name of owner Zarek Cockar
3. Name of rig Haven't decided yet
4. Mileage +330,000 km
5. Mods...if any BFG Mud Terrains, HD Springs, Pedders Shocks, ARB Bull Bar, Roof hatches for wildlife viewing, minor interior mods.
6. How the truck is used Daily Driver, wildlife viewing in our national parks, very light wheeling, and some expeds.
7. Location: Nairobi, Kenya
8. Photo. again...small to save space
20150901_115526a.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, My name is Joshua from Norther VA. I'm a 36 year old fireman with an awesome wife and 3 kids (3rd due next month). I come from a "Toyota Family" and have salivated over 80's for a long time and finally pulled the trigger on this one. I posted when I first joined up but not in the registry yet. Thanks everybody!

*1996 FZJ 80
*me - Joshua
*rig - Cruiser or Snoopy
*197,000 miles
*mods...rattle can job on factory wheels, new Pioneer head unit, rubber antenna, fixed visors with magnets in headliner, a couple stickers, www.bh3dprinting.com cup holder : )
*This is my DD 80% of the time and family getaway rig for weekend fun 15% and light/medium VA trails 5% of the time. There are 5 of us and a dog (Levi the beagle mix).

I plan on doing a slow build thread soon but the plans (in order) are as follows:
-Gutter Towers and 3/4 Rack, (looking at different options right now, all the usual suspects on mud)
-OME 2.5 (unsure about heavy vs medium still. I live close to IPOR. They are awesome and recommend Heavy/Heavy, but I don't know how much building I'm gonna do yet. Couldn't live with stinkbug either. Probably the hardest decision.)
-Sliders (IPOR)
-33" tires (not sure what yet, I know I know....everyone loves 35's but its not what I realistically need or what I want and I think OME 2.5 with 33's looks just fine)
-Maybe ARB front bumper
-Maybe Maybe IPOR rear bumper

I will also possibly throw armor in there somewhere...earlier if I go that direction. A lot of the build will be me just trying to be realistic and keep it at what I need. I want it to be comfortable as my daily, but I want capability to have a little fun once in a while. I for sure don't want to sacrifice too much mileage on the weight. The rack for us is a necessity so that's numero uno.

Big thanks to everyone on the forum here and all the site staff. Shout out to IPOR as well. They did some stuff on my old 85 Yota pickup years ago. I love my rig and love this forum!

upload_2015-9-15_15-46-13.png

Hey there! I've been lurking on Mud for years. I bought my rig sight unseen on Ebay while I was stationed in Japan and picked her up on the way back. She waited patiently for me in Tucson, AZ until I could pick her up. That was over 2 years ago. At any rate, here are the details:

1. Year and model: 1991 FJ80

2. Name of owner: Sean Freeman

3. Name of rig: Don't really have one. The wife always refers to her as "she" or "her" or something of that sort. Perhaps "Betty"?

4. Mileage: 283,000

5. Mods: PO added the ARB bumper (to hide a front-end collision I noticed after a thorough inspection), the weird sliders that I haven't seen anywhere else, and an OME 2.5" lift with 33's. I added the snorkel, IPF lights (that now have a short somewhere), AJIK spare tire carrier, and a bunch of other little stuff. Always something, right?

6. How the truck is used: Daily driver, range vehicle, camping rig. Don't really do any serious off-road stuff with her.

7. Photo:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/media/badfish138-1991-fj80.35521/full

1. 1996 LX450
2. Will Tucker
3. "Angelica" (Child of the 90's... affectionate towards Rugrats)
4. 159,000 miles
5. ARB bumper, 10k Warn winch, Pro Comp HID spots, PFran LED interior and reverse lights, 17" aluminum wheels on some off-brand mud tires (to be replaced soon.)
6. Daily driver and camping rig

I've always been an outdoors person but wanted a practical daily driver and couldn't justify a 4wd until this year. Spent a lot of time looking for an affordable 93/94 with low miles and finally found one in July. The prior owner didn't take good care of him but at least he didn't have him for long. Currently working on getting it mostly back to factory (all the PM, PHH, etc as well as replacing broken interior pieces and a dented fender) before adding all the fun stuff.
1) Year- 1993 FZJ80
2) Me- Lori
3) Car's name- Rex
4) mileage- 147k
5) upgrades- basically stock
6) use- weekend fun
cruiser.JPG

97 FZJ80
Mark
BigBessy
315/70/16 KO2, LED High and Low Beams,22in Light Bar
My Rig is my DD and hopefully setup soon for more trails and camping

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1994 factory locker FZJ
218xxx and counting
bought about a year ago
3" OME lift with camber kit
33" adventuro MTs
custom bumper with beer holders
recently added herculiner to hood and sides after the rubicon

Just picked mine up a month ago.

1) 97'FZJ80.

2) Vance M.

3) Gizmo.

4) 182,500.

5) Stock for now. Not locked yet! CDL and #7 pin Mod soon. Have Warn Zeon 10s, and Warn twin air compressor. Need winch bumper and rear ARB.

6) Daily mule, my driveway gains 2000' in 4-1/2 miles, everyday is a new adventure!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Jull
Back
Top Bottom