Registry 80 Series Registry (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@OffRoadScott ... thanks...came home on the BFG's, so pretty quiet overall...the Geo's are noisy, and were on my son's Tacoma...bad alignment that we just fixed on his, but cupped a bit. Now that it's home, I'll just be trolling around town unless I hit the beach or PA/MD/VA mountains that are between 2-3 hours ride. That said, I love the look, and we've had them off road in his truck and they bite like crazy. He drives about 30 minutes each way to work, and even with extra dynamat, the tacos are like a tin can compared to the LC...wanted something where he could actually have a phone conversation while on the road. I do have one more set of OEM 80 wheels that came with the truck & i'll probably do something with...the ones on the GEO's are 7", but really could use the LC 8" rim. Not sure if I want to upsize a little more as these are 275's, but happy overall!

@kraayzizou ... I'm in Annapolis about 3 miles from downtown and the Naval Academy, so about an hour or so from Gaithersburg. I'd imagine that you are in tech of some sort since that's most of the 270 corridor (and worth flying here quarterly!).

@ETCruiser I've looked around and read reviews here on Mud and elsewhere on the net about the Geolandars. I feel really good about going with them as my next set of tires, my current KO2 have been giving me some issues. The tend to wobble around 45-50 MPH, but are fine at lower MPH and anything higher then 50 MPH.

I will also go with them when I move up to 37s.

@OffRoadScott ... thanks...came home on the BFG's, so pretty quiet overall...the Geo's are noisy, and were on my son's Tacoma...bad alignment that we just fixed on his, but cupped a bit. Now that it's home, I'll just be trolling around town unless I hit the beach or PA/MD/VA mountains that are between 2-3 hours ride. That said, I love the look, and we've had them off road in his truck and they bite like crazy. He drives about 30 minutes each way to work, and even with extra dynamat, the tacos are like a tin can compared to the LC...wanted something where he could actually have a phone conversation while on the road. I do have one more set of OEM 80 wheels that came with the truck & i'll probably do something with...the ones on the GEO's are 7", but really could use the LC 8" rim. Not sure if I want to upsize a little more as these are 275's, but happy overall!

@kraayzizou ... I'm in Annapolis about 3 miles from downtown and the Naval Academy, so about an hour or so from Gaithersburg. I'd imagine that you are in tech of some sort since that's most of the 270 corridor (and worth flying here quarterly!).
Federal contracting (on the construction side). I tend to get over to the Chart House 2-3 times per year in Annapolis!

@kraayzizou small world! Give me a bump anytime you think you'll be in Annapolis and I'll buy you a :beer:...

My boys are both in the Electrician's field...younger son is an estimator for VarcoMac (large contractor if you are not familiar with them), and my older son just got his Master Electrician's license this past fall, now starting up his own business here in Annapolis/Balto/DC. He was working for a smaller company doing quite a bit of scale work down in DC with higher level security clearance to get into the federal buildings, and now busier than ever out on his own.

@OffRoadScott I think they are a good choice if you don't mind a little rumble. Since mine are a little cupped from poor alignment on my son's truck for 10k miles, they make a bit more drone than a fresh set on a good alignment would, but I'm still happy to run them as-is. Love the look and I know they are excellent off road too...

1997 FZJ80 40th Anniversary (dark emerald pearl)
2. John Koncki
3. Name of rig: none
4. 261k
5. OME 2"lift, Gamiviti roof rack,
6. Daily Driver, Road Trips

View attachment 3084500
IMG_2240.jpeg
IMG_3022.jpeg
IMG_3027.jpeg
IMG_3016.jpeg

1. 1997 FZJ80 Collectors Edition Desert Dune/Moonglow Metallic
2. Isaiah A.
3. Honey Booboo or Anna Nicole Smith (Help me pick)
4. 171,000
5. N/A restoring to OEM Stock
6. Daily Driver

IMG_6833 (2).jpg

1. Year and model: 1994 FJ80
2. Name of owner: Brad Kraay
3. Name of rig: TBD (see 6)
4. Mileage: 180k
5. Mods: Nada--plenty of life to decide.
6. How the truck is used: I drive a 200 series, but my oldest daughter (15) was in need of her first car--thinking she would want something modern and techie, I was pumped when she said she'd rather have an older Cruiser. We just picked this thing up; inside looks like it's not been touched... regardless, it's my daughter's first vehicle.
7. Photo:

View attachment 3072678

View attachment 3072679
Well, my daughter has named her 80 "Luke."

1. 1995 FZJ80
2. Christian
3. Haven’t decided yet but thinking Abby
4. 296,038
5. No mods yet
6. Camping, rod trips, some wheeling

Happy to get working on this beast. Needs a good amount to get it going great but it’s mostly complete inside & out which is nice! Only missing a few things here and there then it’ll be onto the mods

EC2F55EA-CABE-484B-A450-550E4368E0B0.jpeg

1. 96 HDJ81
2. Chirs
3. TBD
4. Mileage: 297k km
5. Maybe a JDM 2" lift?
6. Daily driver

Bought this HDJ81 from @Dixon Santana. He was a great guy to work with and very helpful, even picked me up from the airport. I would definitely buy from him again!

Took the car on an 8 hour drive to Corpus and I was pretty shocked. I can see why 80s have such a big following, this blew my Isuzu Bighorn out of the water. I regret buying my first Bighorn, I looked at some 80s but didn't think it was worth the cash. Dixon did a lot of the maintenance, so I should be good for a while. Plans are to get an ARB front bumper, shocks, @Lutz Auto Multigauge Clock Replacement, and an intercooler.

IMG_3079.JPG

IMG_3081.JPG

IMG_3082.JPG

1. 1997 FZJ80
2. Scott
3. Shinju
4. 196K
5. OME Med lift, Slee Sliders, Delta VS LCAs and Pan hard bracket, Harrop E-Locker.
6. Wheelin' Campin' Huntin'

ABE1C313-5578-4815-A347-72B7F810F608.jpeg

Last edited:
1. 96 HDJ81
2. Chirs
3. TBD
4. Mileage: 297k km
5. Maybe a JDM 2" lift?
6. Daily driver

Bought this HDJ81 from @Dixon Santana. He was a great guy to work with and very helpful, even picked me up from the airport. I would definitely buy from him again!

Took the car on an 8 hour drive to Corpus and I was pretty shocked. I can see why 80s have such a big following, this blew my Isuzu Bighorn out of the water. I regret buying my first Bighorn, I looked at some 80s but didn't think it was worth the cash. Dixon did a lot of the maintenance, so I should be good for a while. Plans are to get an ARB front bumper, shocks, @Lutz Auto Multigauge Clock Replacement, and an intercooler.

View attachment 3111962

View attachment 3111973

View attachment 3111974

Why is the engine so clean :)

1. 91 FJ80
2. Andrew
3. "Waffles"
4. 211k
5. currently stock on F5's and 33's
6. leisure, just another cruiser in the stable

dirt.jpg

Last edited:
OME 2.5" lift BFG AT 285/75/r16 grey steelies
No lockers....yet
Light trail use/camping

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1938.jpg

1. 1994, FZJ80
2. Will
3. Sandman
4. 136234
5. 2” Old man EMU lift, Slee front and rear bumpers, aftermarket headlights.
6. Daily driver

Hello all, just recently purchased this truck from its 3rd owner. Spent nearly a year looking for the right one and was lucky enough to find this truck. Spent the first 20 years of its life in California and then lived in a garage on the east coast.

The years of information on Mud have been a fantastic resource. I have tackled a few repairs with help from all you good people on this site.

Maintenance/repairs so far:
Oil Change and sample sent to Blackstone Laboratories.
Distributor O-Ring replaced
Water leak in rear cargo repaired
Several vacuum lines replaced
Charcoal Canister replaced (AC Delco)
PVC valve and hose replaced
Brake fluid changed
VSV replaced

Will be tackling the oil pump gasket, crankshaft seal, and belts next week.

Certain I will be posting questions soon as I get further into this truck.

313A6035-6CC3-46E9-9087-EFF37CDC5AD0.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom