Registry 80 Series Registry

ETCruiser

SILVER Star
@OffRoadScott ... thanks...came home on the BFG's, so pretty quiet overall...the Geo's are noisy, and were on my son's Tacoma...bad alignment that we just fixed on his, but cupped a bit. Now that it's home, I'll just be trolling around town unless I hit the beach or PA/MD/VA mountains that are between 2-3 hours ride. That said, I love the look, and we've had them off road in his truck and they bite like crazy. He drives about 30 minutes each way to work, and even with extra dynamat, the tacos are like a tin can compared to the LC...wanted something where he could actually have a phone conversation while on the road. I do have one more set of OEM 80 wheels that came with the truck & i'll probably do something with...the ones on the GEO's are 7", but really could use the LC 8" rim. Not sure if I want to upsize a little more as these are 275's, but happy overall!

@kraayzizou ... I'm in Annapolis about 3 miles from downtown and the Naval Academy, so about an hour or so from Gaithersburg. I'd imagine that you are in tech of some sort since that's most of the 270 corridor (and worth flying here quarterly!).

@ETCruiser I've looked around and read reviews here on Mud and elsewhere on the net about the Geolandars. I feel really good about going with them as my next set of tires, my current KO2 have been giving me some issues. The tend to wobble around 45-50 MPH, but are fine at lower MPH and anything higher then 50 MPH.

I will also go with them when I move up to 37s.

@OffRoadScott ... thanks...came home on the BFG's, so pretty quiet overall...the Geo's are noisy, and were on my son's Tacoma...bad alignment that we just fixed on his, but cupped a bit. Now that it's home, I'll just be trolling around town unless I hit the beach or PA/MD/VA mountains that are between 2-3 hours ride. That said, I love the look, and we've had them off road in his truck and they bite like crazy. He drives about 30 minutes each way to work, and even with extra dynamat, the tacos are like a tin can compared to the LC...wanted something where he could actually have a phone conversation while on the road. I do have one more set of OEM 80 wheels that came with the truck & i'll probably do something with...the ones on the GEO's are 7", but really could use the LC 8" rim. Not sure if I want to upsize a little more as these are 275's, but happy overall!

@kraayzizou ... I'm in Annapolis about 3 miles from downtown and the Naval Academy, so about an hour or so from Gaithersburg. I'd imagine that you are in tech of some sort since that's most of the 270 corridor (and worth flying here quarterly!).
Federal contracting (on the construction side). I tend to get over to the Chart House 2-3 times per year in Annapolis!

ETCruiser

SILVER Star
@kraayzizou small world! Give me a bump anytime you think you'll be in Annapolis and I'll buy you a :beer:...

My boys are both in the Electrician's field...younger son is an estimator for VarcoMac (large contractor if you are not familiar with them), and my older son just got his Master Electrician's license this past fall, now starting up his own business here in Annapolis/Balto/DC. He was working for a smaller company doing quite a bit of scale work down in DC with higher level security clearance to get into the federal buildings, and now busier than ever out on his own.

@OffRoadScott I think they are a good choice if you don't mind a little rumble. Since mine are a little cupped from poor alignment on my son's truck for 10k miles, they make a bit more drone than a fresh set on a good alignment would, but I'm still happy to run them as-is. Love the look and I know they are excellent off road too...

1997 FZJ80 40th Anniversary (dark emerald pearl)
2. John Koncki
3. Name of rig: none
4. 261k
5. OME 2"lift, Gamiviti roof rack,
6. Daily Driver, Road Trips

View attachment 3084500
IMG_2240.jpeg
IMG_3022.jpeg
IMG_3027.jpeg
IMG_3016.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom