Registry 80 Series Registry (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been reading and learning from this forum for awhile, figured I should join to contribute and participate. Picked this up a few months ago. It was somewhat neglected so it is sort of a father son fixer for the son to drive at age 16. Needed a lot of cleanup and maintenance, I'll briefly list after the 'requested' info.

1. 95 FZJ80, not 3locked
2. Barry and son Benjamin
3. no name
4. 240k
5. Mods: mainly cleanup, see below
6. Use: 16 yr old back and forth to school, and hopefully to a job this summer!
7. Photo - below.

We gutted the interior and are replacing the carpet and leather. Removed the dash and recovered dash pad with marine vinyl. Put in led's in dash. New window actuator, replaced a couple window and door seals and repaired one door panel. Replaced plastic gears in both power front seats. Installed single DIN stereo and 6 speakers, new master cylinder, new mirrors, change all fluids. Have FJ Cruiser Trail 17" wheels and plan to put 33's on it. Lots of exterior buffing, polishing, waxing, and trim paint. I'm retaining all the OEM pieces I've replaced (stereo, speakers, wheels, mirrors, etc). Looking for a 'TOYOTA' grill if anyone has one!

It's a no rust truck with good paint, and has been a fun project for son and I. Hope he will have one of the coolest vehicles in his school parking lot, with some skin in the game on fixing it up and being able to work on it. Almost finished. Pic is day it arrived. Thanks to all for the help I've received along the way.

View attachment 2967942
Very nice 80! Even better that you and your boy get to work on it together.

I think he will be the envy of all the kids at school due to having an "old" ride. If it's any indication, my wife is a volunteer for a children's church group and she told me many of the 10-17 y/o are wearing t-shirts and hoodies depicting Nirvana, Sublime, Ren & Stimpy, Atari, etc. Do they have a clue as to what they're wearing? No F'n clue but hey, old anything is cool right?

If you haven't done so already, remove that grill guard and taillight protectors. They will cause more damage if hit. Ironic that the names are opposite of what will happen. Otherwise a nice vehicle that will be the envy of his buds.
Removed already. Yep, had dent's where the rear light protectors had pushed in. When we had all the interior out, we did our best to push them back out. Hardly noticeable now.

Very nice 80! Even better that you and your boy get to work on it together.

I think he will be the envy of all the kids at school due to having an "old" ride. If it's any indication, my wife is a volunteer for a children's church group and she told me many of the 10-17 y/o are wearing t-shirts and hoodies depicting Nirvana, Sublime, Ren & Stimpy, Atari, etc. Do they have a clue as to what they're wearing? No F'n clue but hey, old anything is cool right?
Yeah it's been great for both of us. We have other 4wd vehicles he helps me with some, and he loves the offroad moutain adventures, camping, hunting and hiking.

1. 1997 80 Series Landcruiser
2. Mike
3. Uglibus 3
4. 235,000
5. Old Man Emu 3.5ish inches, ARB Commercial Bumper, Warn 8247, 35" Nittos, Fifteen32 wheels, Slee sliders. The usual suspects, ya know. Building a sleeping bed in the back here shortly.
6. Daily commuting and camping.
_DSC5946.jpg

1. 1997 80 Series Landcruiser
2. Mike
3. Uglibus 3
4. 235,000
5. Old Man Emu 3.5ish inches, ARB Commercial Bumper, Warn 8247, 35" Nittos, Fifteen32 wheels, Slee sliders. The usual suspects, ya know. Building a sleeping bed in the back here shortly.
6. Daily commuting and camping.
7. View attachment 2976523
Jealous....
Of people who can fit lying down in the back of an 80
🤣😂
Seriously though,
Congrats on the sweet rig!

1992 tlc
Clinton
Rocky
2 1/2” Arb ome springs&shocks
31” rubber

View attachment 2977349Hes been sitting awhile traded a jeep for him, had a blown hg got that fixed, blew bypass coolant line and bottom water pump coolant line, greased drive train got a little clunk d/r still, still no oil pressure gauge noticed connections got touched together from bare wires hopefully gauge didn't get fried.

1 - '96 80 Series
2 - Alex
3 - El G.O.A.T. de Rojo
4 - Unknown mileage but odo tells me >289K
5 - factory 3 lock | Dobinson 3" lift rollin on Method 315's and Falken 35", Delta radius arms pre-ordered | front bumper with faux ARB lights and inop winch | roof rack with popup tent | Comms: Cobra 29 CB, Yaesu FTM-400D, and BTECH DMR radios | interior cargo rack | Sony aftermarket radio | Edge Insight monitor | Underhood: EGR and charcoal canister delete (pls don't dox me), windshield fluid relocation, and bus bar install prepping for the dual battery system
6 - Daily curb hopper with the occasional trail smelling

IMG_20220422_160033_1 Medium.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow, 1995 with 128k, nice find
Yeah I was pretty fortunate. I made contact with the PO a couple years back, stopped him on the road in my 40 series and we had a chat. We exchanged info and then I would occasionally drop him a text. He was an older gentleman and finally called me mid-April and said he was ready to sell. He was the original owner, bought it in Reno where he lived, but moved out to Iowa to take care of his parents about ten years ago. He drove it only during winter months. I've got some work to do on the under-carriage being that it is the rust belt, frame and body are solid, driveline is rough. Got a pair of factory locked axles waiting for me in KC though. Got it for a good price too.

Yeah I was pretty fortunate. I made contact with the PO a couple years back, stopped him on the road in my 40 series and we had a chat. We exchanged info and then I would occasionally drop him a text. He was an older gentleman and finally called me mid-April and said he was ready to sell. He was the original owner, bought it in Reno where he lived, but moved out to Iowa to take care of his parents about ten years ago. He drove it only during winter months. I've got some work to do on the under-carriage being that it is the rust belt, frame and body are solid, driveline is rough. Got a pair of factory locked axles waiting for me in KC though. Got it for a good price too.
Well congrats, have fun with the build.

1. 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser
2. Johnathan
3. Flex
4.112,xxx
5. Factory locked axle swap & respray
6. Currently waiting for baselining then lift tires and bumpers
7. Moderate off roading and cross country touring
CA7B6C71-B014-437E-B46F-8F6FF99313DE.jpeg

1. Make an Model - 1997 Toyota FZJ80R-GNPNKQ 40th Anniversery Commerative Edition, 4sp auto
2. Owner = Fixitdude74
3. Name = Goldy
4. Mileage 269037 (432974km)
5. Mods = Bullbar(ironman), new engine @432201km(1FZFE), GME TX4500S, VMS700, IGNITE 160W lightbar, Narva freeform headlights, 2" lift Pedders rough rider&big bore shocks, Dynamic 16x8 25P, Kumho MT51, 4wd Systems Spare wheel carrier, Rated front recovery points(RoadSafe4WD), Flat rack, Prado 95L sub tank fitted, removed LPG system!
6. How the truck is used = daily driver, trips, touring, recoveries, road side assistance
7. Location = Central Australia
image3.jpeg
image1 (7).jpeg

1. Make an Model - 1992 GLX 1hz
2. Owner = Would be me (Luke)
3. Name = The slug
4. Mileage 435xxx kms.
5. Mods = Nothing too crazy. 33s, snorkel, ARB bar, winch, dual battery, rear drawers, lights, usual elec mods, temp guages, extractors, steering damper.
6. How the truck is used = Weekender. Dedicated camping and horsing around vehicle.
7. Location = Melbourne, Australia.

121108397_3443081569132557_2089114352990434145_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom