80 series oil pump idler gear brass bushing... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,
So recently I rebuilt the 1FZ-FE, there was only one issue that I felt were left out.
I rebuilt the engine, put it all back together and in the process I noticed the this brass bushing was discolored from the time it spent in the acid bath at the machine shop, it wasn't pitted or severely corroded and when I fitted the shaft back inside it the tolerance didn't seem out of the ordinary. This brass bushing is the one the oil pump idler gear sits inside. Has anyone had one of these bushings catastrophically fail or had problems with this bushing?
The reason I am asking is because it's now a forged motor and I'm in the process of turbo charging and I'm worried It could be an issue later down the track.

Raine

I had this fail on my engine w/ ~130k miles.

I'm not sure if:
A) Bushing spun, blocked oil passage, shaft seized, shaft broke off gear
B) Shaft seized for unknown reason, spun bushing, shaft finally broke

Regardless of how things went down, my oil pump gear broke free from the shaft and the bushing could be removed by hand. I ended up getting a 'new to me' motor.

Replace it. Doing anything but a hot water rinse, AFAIK, will damage it.

This is the only person I know that has them.

1FZ-FE Oil Pump Bushing. | Toyota 80 Series Land Cruiser and Overland Gear.
Ok I found that bushing but my question is what way do I put it in? The bushing has one hole on the side but the spot to press it in has a hole on the top and a hole on the bottom towards the pan. Do you remember?

20210918_163515.jpg

20210918_163525.jpg

20210918_163553.jpg

Ok I found that bushing but my question is what way do I put it in? The bushing has one hole on the side but the spot to press it in has a hole on the top and a hole on the bottom towards the pan. Do you remember?
This post might help.

This post might help.

Simpleasyyyy!! I like too how if I ask Google enough times rewording the question it shows me answers in this forum. So thankyou to the forum people who make that possible. I'm still new to the forum and not sure how to search it yet with specific questions.

20210919_173045.jpg

20210919_173258.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom