Genuine 80 series 1FZ-FE Exhaust system. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all.
I have spoken to a few exhaust places about getting a fresh system fitted to my 80. They have all suggested that fitting an aftermarket standard system is not ideal due to not being able to get a good/lasting seal on the exhaust manifolds. I'm not sure if that is due to the manufacturing of the aftermarket front twin pipes, or if its due to the manifolds warping or something happening to the mating surface on the manifolds where the new pipes fit onto the manifold.

I'm not really interested in fitting extractors or a "performance" exhaust system, and I don't want a loud horrible sounding exhaust. It still has a genuine Toyota system fitted to it now but its due for replacement. I have been searching for a genuine Toyota system and it seems that they are available. I'm trying to get hold of the front pipe, but I can only find one for 1/1995 onwards, not 1994 which mine is. The part numbers I have found are,

17410-66010 for 8/92 to 1/95
17410-61261 for 1/95 to 1/99

My 80 is 10/94 so wondering if that falls into the 1/95 item? or are they compatible?

I'm in Australia so things might be a bit different for you guys over there but some info on part numbers would be a great help.

Thanks

Eric

I pretty sure the Australia version differs from the North American models
All North American models have catalytic converters
The 93-94 models have them side by side 95-97 models have them one after the other.
91-92 have a 3FE and are totally different with the exhaust on the driver side.
Hope this helps.

I pretty sure the Australia version differs from the North American models
All North American models have catalytic converters
The 93-94 models have them side by side 95-97 models have them one after the other.
91-92 have a 3FE and are totally different with the exhaust on the driver side.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply... yes, very different. No cats on my 94... I think they started here on the 97 models. Did they all run outside the chassis then back over or did some run inside the chassis? Or is that the 100's I'm thinking of? :hmm:

this place below lists the front pipe & muffler being 17410-66010 for 8/92 to 1/95 which your year cruiser fits into.

have you tried Toyota in Aus?

All the North American 1FZ FE run out side the frame

I was just looking around for systems and the Bullet system looks interesting. Looks like its more a late 80 or 100 system as that image looks like it runs inside the chassis... I do like the twin header system though...

I'm not sure about the large rear muffler also as I'm running a LongRanger fuel tank... I don't think there is allot or space under there.

Bullet1.JPG

this place below lists the front pipe & muffler being 17410-66010 for 8/92 to 1/95 which your year cruiser fits into.

have you tried Toyota in Aus?
Thanks for that... I have sent MegaZip a message so waiting on their reply... It will be a pricey item landed here with the current exchange rate. Yes, my local Toyota told me the front section is NLA... but I don't always take their word on that though.. :)

No junk (salvage/parts) yards in your area?? Ya'll have more 80s than anywhere else.
I'd kill project a Zoolander menacing pierced brow to be near the yards you are. lol
Quad headlights would be the first purchase.

No junk (salvage/parts) yards in your area?? Ya'll have more 80s than anywhere else.
I'd kill project a Zoolander menacing pierced brow to be near the yards you are. lol
Quad headlights would be the first purchase.
There is junk... and there is junk... :rofl:
When I talk exhaust, I certainly wouldn't entertain the idea of putting on a used exhaust... but that's just me. Most of the aftermarket and used parts here are more expensive than genuine parts from Japan or UAE. I think most ppl are still asking Covid prices here. The struggle is real! :)
I am certainly a lover of genuine parts if/when I can get them.

There is junk... and there is junk... :rofl:
When I talk exhaust, I certainly wouldn't entertain the idea of putting on a used exhaust... but that's just me. Most of the aftermarket and used parts here are more expensive than genuine parts from Japan or UAE. I think most ppl are still asking Covid prices here. The struggle is real! :)
I am certainly a lover of genuine parts if/when I can get them.
lol so find just the first "junk".
Agreed the second "junk" is junk.

If money is no object, and stainless steel is what you want, recommend @OTRAMM in Virginia, US.
Not sure he's still bending them out on the regular.
But for the right price...

Last edited:
lol so find just the first "junk".
Agreed the second "junk" is junk.

If money is no object, and stainless steel is what you want, recommend @OTRAMM in Virginia, US.
Not sure he's still bending them out on the regular.
But for the right price...
Hmmmm... interesting concept... only first "junk" 🤣😂🤣
Money is always the object... but paying top $$$ for rubbish is hard to swallow. I certainly don't mind paying for quality once... but when a set of genuine manifolds are cheaper than aftermarket headers, that's when it gets annoying. Thanks for that, I'll check out what he has on offer... I enjoy a challenge so Ill keep searching. :)

Hmmmm... interesting concept... only first "junk" 🤣😂🤣
Money is always the object... but paying top $$$ for rubbish is hard to swallow. I certainly don't mind paying for quality once... but when a set of genuine manifolds are cheaper than aftermarket headers, that's when it gets annoying. Thanks for that, I'll check out what he has on offer... I enjoy a challenge so Ill keep searching. :)
One mans junk is another mans treasure. :slap: lol
But no, @OTRAMM is not rubbish.
He may turn you down.
But if he doesn't rest assured you're getting the best that reasonable money (for what it is these days) can buy as far as I know. 👍

I was just looking around for systems and the Bullet system looks interesting. Looks like its more a late 80 or 100 system as that image looks like it runs inside the chassis... I do like the twin header system though...

I'm not sure about the large rear muffler also as I'm running a LongRanger fuel tank... I don't think there is allot or space under there.

View attachment 3559750
Post a link for this ad?
Its got to many shsrp bends for my liking, but without seeing the whole system laid out, hard to tell

All 80s had the exhaust cross over the frame rail, and back again.
105s it runs inside the frame. Theres some differences in the exhaust hanger brackets on the chassis between 80 and 105

An aftermarket exhaust can be as quiet as OEM without reducing performance if built right

How much do you want to spend?

One mans junk is another mans treasure. :slap: lol
But no, @OTRAMM is not rubbish.
He may turn you down.
But if he doesn't rest assured you're getting the best that reasonable money (for what it is these days) can buy as far as I know. 👍
Absolutely! certainly agree. I'm certainly not putting down using used items... I've done so many times and in some cases, its your only option and referbing parts is something I also do often, so I apologies if I came across a bit snobby.

No, OTRAMM is just fine... he is on my YouTube list and I think he does great work. 🙏

If money is an object, freight cost for anything out of USA will be frightening, particular after you add the shìtty exchange rate
Agree there. But saying that, even with the poor exchange rate and shipping, I'm in front with parts from Japan and UAE. I've not purchased too much from USA because of the crazy shipping cost. I don't get why shipping is so bad from you guys.

That's why I went Blackhawk arms. I dearly would have liked Delta arms, and Dave did the best he could for me, but it just wasn't worth the shipping.

How much do you want to spend?
I'm happy to pay for quality. But I would like to keep the heat shields. So maybe and option is to refurbish my manifolds, machine the faces and go from there. I'm sure I could weld some bolt fixing points on a set of headers also for the heat shields... but Id rather not go that path.

I'm happy to pay for quality. But I would like to keep the heat shields. So maybe and option is to refurbish my manifolds, machine the faces and go from there. I'm sure I could weld some bolt fixing points on a set of headers also for the heat shields... but Id rather not go that path.
You could use the 105 stuff, it's a cool up grade keeps it all on the inside of the frame and I think it's still all available

Last edited:
You could us the 105 stuff, it's a cool up grade keeps it all on the inside of the frame and I think it's still all available
This has been kicking around in my head also... It would be great to get rid of the over chassis part... the heat it puts out being so close to the floor is pretty hot on the feet/leg... as mentioned earlier, the mounting points for the 105 exhaust would be different but I can work around that... maybe. Certainly worth a look and I'm sure I could get a set of manifolds from a wreck to dummy up on the 80. Great food for though... thank you! 👍

Edit. I just checked the 105 part numbers for the Exhaust manifolds and they are the same as the 80 series... :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom