Genuine 80 series 1FZ-FE Exhaust system. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This has been kicking around in my head also... It would be great to get rid of the over chassis part... the heat it puts out being so close to the floor is pretty hot on the feet/leg... as mentioned earlier, the mounting points for the 105 exhaust would be different but I can work around that... maybe. Certainly worth a look and I'm sure I could get a set of manifolds from a wreck to dummy up on the 80. Great food for though... thank you! 👍

Edit. I just checked the 105 part numbers for the Exhaust manifolds and they are the same as the 80 series... :)
It's been done before 😜 so I know it well work. The issue on this side of the pond is there's no room for the cats inside the frame.

Agree there. But saying that, even with the poor exchange rate and shipping, I'm in front with parts from Japan and UAE. I've not purchased too much from USA because of the crazy shipping cost. I don't get why shipping is so bad from you guys.

That's why I went Blackhawk arms. I dearly would have liked Delta arms, and Dave did the best he could for me, but it just wasn't worth the shipping.

I hear you. I source parts from Japan & UAE all the time.
Typically arrived to my door in Sydney faster and cheaper than Toyota can do.

US aftermarket stuff is harder! Many times I've priced stuff out, and by the time you add shipping and exchange rate, you've doubled the retail price.
Somethings I've justified the cost, very rarely though.

Back to the point, i built exhaust systems from scratch for my HDJ80 and hzj105. Both diesel. Both large 3" systems.
Both run inside the frame rail.
There is some differences with chassis brackets, but if you have welding skills, nothing major.
My hzj105 system was very quiet

I hear you. I source parts from Japan & UAE all the time.
Typically arrived to my door in Sydney faster and cheaper than Toyota can do.

US aftermarket stuff is harder! Many times I've priced stuff out, and by the time you add shipping and exchange rate, you've doubled the retail price.
Somethings I've justified the cost, very rarely though.

Back to the point, i built exhaust systems from scratch for my HDJ80 and hzj105. Both diesel. Both large 3" systems.
Both run inside the frame rail.
There is some differences with chassis brackets, but if you have welding skills, nothing major.
My hzj105 system was very quiet
Totally agree about the efficiency of shipping from UAE and Japan.

Good to know about the 105 exhaust system... something I will look into when I get back home... always good to have options but as long as I can get "off the shelf items" as its not ideal if you gotta get custom pipes made when things need replacing. That's why I'm not a fan of custom exhaust... try getting a replacement in the middle of nowhere.

Just came on. I'm in Wyoming and my '94 has leaking head pipes and the O2 sensors do not like it. My Toyota mechanic said they need replaced but Toyota does not supply them. I noticed that nothing was said about the O2 sensors which he said to replace. Also, being in Wyoming, there is no emission testing so tempted to scrap the cat. I see my local muffler shop tomorrow and see what he can do as I does some custom bending. I will be checking out some of the links shown. My '94 has 473k plus on it, still running good. Planning to drive it to Alaska by the end of April, done that trip many times already.

Just came on. I'm in Wyoming and my '94 has leaking head pipes and the O2 sensors do not like it. My Toyota mechanic said they need replaced but Toyota does not supply them. I noticed that nothing was said about the O2 sensors which he said to replace. Also, being in Wyoming, there is no emission testing so tempted to scrap the cat. I see my local muffler shop tomorrow and see what he can do as I does some custom bending. I will be checking out some of the links shown. My '94 has 473k plus on it, still running good. Planning to drive it to Alaska by the end of April, done that trip many times already.
Scrap the Pair, put your O2 sensors in the exhaust manifolds, buy a Magnaflow downpipe with cat for a '95-97, block off the O2 sensor port, and have a good local muffler shop bend up some pipes. I used a '94 muffler on mine, but you could just as easily use a different muffler since you're custom from the cat back. A good muffler shop can replicate the over the frame routing of our '94. I've been super happy with mine. One big plus is you gain a bunch of clearance from the stock cats on the 94. A single cat on the '97 style supposedly works as well or better than the early style dual cats, but you could also add the second inline cat if you are concerned.

Just curious, what is your cat converter arrangement?

Do you have dual-downpipes to a combiner into a single cat with a single output?
Or...
...dual-downpipes to a dual cat arrangement with a combiner thereafter?

Just curious, what is your cat converter arrangement?

Do you have dual-downpipes to a combiner into a single cat with a single output?
Or...
...dual-downpipes to a dual cat arrangement with a combiner thereafter?
Dual downpipes to a dual cat arrangement with a combiner thereafter.
It is going into the muffler shop tomorrow to have the leaky sections cut off and replacements welded on, have the cat removed and pipe extensions added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom