80 series brake line tubing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ceylonfj40nut

Waiting for Barn Time
SILVER Star
Threads
Did an initial search but did not find the information. I am in the process of a build where I have shortened an 80 series frame and placing a 60 series body on. My chassis is missing the brake lines that run along the chassis. Don’t know size or type. Thinking of making my own lines of I can find 80 series tubing specs. I have the tools to do it. Does anyone know where I can source this similar spec tubing?

I am also contemplating finding old brake lines to shorten. Prefer to have new. Does anyone know part numbers for these lines?

Check PartSouq's parts diagrams (or Amayama's, or anyone else's); they have the part numbers. AFAIK, the hardlines are all NLA.

1675283057390.png

Maybe @SNLC has a domestic source?

3/16” NiCopp bulk line from Napa and M10x1.0 fittings will allow you to make hard lines that never rust.
Not a fan of NiCopp. Too soft. Kinks easy. No good on axle housings and along chassis where if snagged in brush, it would get kinked or damaged.

To make your own brake lines, remember that Toyota uses double flares.

That titan brake line fitting tool for 3/16" tubing is the kittens mittens. I dislike traditional brake line tools. Money well spent.

You may be able to reuse the toyota fittings, cut them off the old line and slide them over the new stuff. Just wire wheel them up good.

Amazon product ASIN B06XPRVCPV

That titan brake line fitting tool for 3/16" tubing is the kittens mittens. I dislike traditional brake line tools. Money well spent.

You may be able to reuse the toyota fittings, cut them off the old line and slide them over the new stuff. Just wire wheel them up good.
I have a good tool. Don’t have old lines. Hence the query

I have a good tool. Don’t have old lines. Hence the query
3/16" is what people use, apparently it is a metric size, but thats what we tend to use. If you done it before then your aware of trying to prevent air pockets in how you bend it up.

3/16" is what people use, apparently it is a metric size, but thats what we tend to use. If you done it before then your aware of trying to prevent air pockets in how you bend it up.
Yes. Done a couple of these. 3/16” is what I need to use. Hoping to find used 80 lines if I can before going another route. Leaning stainless steel if I have to go custom.

3/16" is what people use, apparently it is a metric size, but thats what we tend to use.
Correct. 3/16" brake line is also known as 4.75mm.

Amazon product ASIN B06XPRVCPV

For making new flares ON the vehicle....the Titan is pretty handy. You can use it in some pretty tight spots and it makes decent double flares.

Brake Line Double Flare Tool2.jpg

Not a hard steel line below...

Brake double flare made.jpg

Not a fan of NiCopp. Too soft. Kinks easy. No good on axle housings and along chassis where if snagged in brush, it would get kinked or damaged.

Agree with this. Nickel/Copper is really best used under the hood or other very protected areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom