80 rear bumper design/build.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

texasyeti, I like the idea of all of us from Texas doing a central ship/drop or as you stated - drving to p/u several, would have to see a cost breakdown of driving versus pallet shipping to one location as offered by newbtrayback "I work for a large steel company in Houston. Located near Clay rd and the beltway. Could have it shipped there and I will have them offload and store for pickup there. We could get a good discount working through one of our carriers.....thoughts?" I am open to all ideas that will save us all money! Any others from Texas feel free to chime in with your 0.02!

I am open to all ideas. Anything I can do to help just let me know! I do have a couple questions......will this bumper fit a 1992 LC? Also I may have missed price for kit and/or complete?

Thanks

it will fit a '92, haven't got prices back from the sheetmetal house.

I am open to all ideas. Anything I can do to help just let me know! I do have a couple questions......will this bumper fit a 1992 LC? Also I may have missed price for kit and/or complete?

Thanks

Good News, I can ship these from my office..

I am still waiting for the quote from the sheet metal shop.

I would like to start compiling some addresses from ya'll so i can start working out some shipping with the folk in my shipping/receiving.

so lets get some area groups together so i can ship on a pallet i am estimating shiping to be about a 100 on average. that should go down if we can do a pallet to one spot.

I have a excel spreadsheet with everyone on it please send me your address and i will try a group these up as best i can.

Mderrick 64 my email is powered by google..

I would think that most people, at least myself anyway, are waiting on at least a ballpark figure before committing to shipping, the $100 estimate that you gave is cheap enough IMO, just need to see how much my total outlay will be, before I can totally commit. That is my concern anyway! Sorry to be such a PITA, but inquiring minds need to know.........

I would think that most people, at least myself anyway, are waiting on at least a ballpark figure before committing to shipping, the $100 estimate that you gave is cheap enough IMO, just need to see how much my total outlay will be, before I can totally commit. That is my concern anyway! Sorry to be such a PITA, but inquiring minds need to know.........

So i am hoping that with the Quantity i can keep the cost under 400 per kit before shipping. but that all depends on how many folks can commit.

Zip code for Texas Houston area would be 77041 a commercial address. Once I know total shipping weight I will get a freight estimate as well. Box or trailer is fine. Just in case make sure you have packaging costs covered at your end. We recycle pallets as much as possible because the costs for new are running us nearly $25 a piece for standard 4x10

Thanks

I am in Colorado 80127 I have a forklift and would be willing to have items shipped to me and have people pick up

Sorry I should have been more specific.....i assumed there would be a group from Texas shipping multiple bumpers to one location not just my bumper. I am open to other suggestions if ya'll have other ideas. Again anything I can do to help. I also know powder coaters in the area.....any questions please feel free to PM me

Zip code for Texas Houston area would be 77041 a commercial address. Once I know total shipping weight I will get a freight estimate as well. Box or trailer is fine. Just in case make sure you have packaging costs covered at your end. We recycle pallets as much as possible because the costs for new are running us nearly $25 a piece for standard 4x10

Thanks

I'm down for that zip code

Would be interested in being quoted a final price shipped to 38671 (business address) or even to pick up anywhere in Memphis at the docks to save $$. Thanks!

Interested, but would like to see final pictures on and off the truck. Zip 85284 Tempe, AZ

so here are a few pictures of what would be going out, this is Rev 2 there were a few things that i wanted to change.
each joint allows for a full pen weld from one side, I still went though on mine and back welded 100%, just how i roll..

Pictures:

1. shows the different pieces that require welding to create the bumper shell.

2. Shows the brackets (bumper wing removed for clarity) and where they bolt/weld

3. Shows a outside corner view of the weld joints, notice the notch in the blue part, this is to help with layout. the main bumper key fits into the wing and then a quick weld joins the two.

for the local yolkal's i have the two protos that i would like to sell, they are already welded up just need some light finishing of the welds and then a coating of some kind.. shot me a email

inside bump.jpg

brackets rev 2.jpg

tab feature.PNG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom