80 rear bumper design/build.. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i spend most of my time in the 45 section... but i have a 80 also that i work on a bit. i am just in the final stages of my rear bumper design/ build and thought i would share the first day of actual shop work..

Change of plans, let me know if you are interested in Plans. I have files that can go to a sheet metal shop local to where every you are for a DIY project..

Last edited:
here are fw picture from the shop.

DSC01578.jpg

DSC01579.jpg

DSC01580.jpg

Looks like a cool design. And looks like a very nice shop to work in. Keep it coming.

I seem to have forgotten to take one of the fitting on the truck.. that will be next week it looks like. i just have a few brackets to finish up in CAD and then back to the shop.. the bumper is 3/16" and the brackets to the frame will be 3/8"and tow points will be 3/4" should have everything cut out and formed by Wednesday and off for sand blast and powder on Friday..

Looks like a cool design. And looks like a very nice shop to work in. Keep it coming.

Thanks, it has been fun doing the design. it is always nice to have the right tools and friends to make the job easy..

the design is set up to run double swing outs, those will come in the summer most likely. maybe this week..:hmm:

sorry guys right now I am not interested in selling out my CAD. let me know if you are interested in a weldable kit..

Interested...

+1 on the weldable kit - however, like anything else depends on final outcome and $$$$$
Subscribed !!!!!!

interested as well!

well i am some what surprised.. thanks for the nice words and interest.. let me get the brackets done and the hardware bits sorted and i can come up with a good number for the kit before shipping..

thanks again guys..

well i am some what surprised.. thanks for the nice words and interest.. let me get the brackets done and the hardware bits sorted and i can come up with a good number for the kit before shipping..

thanks again guys..

Can you give me an idea of how far out from the sides the wings sit? Looks like you have the swongouts oriented out in the far corners. I'd like them to tuck in pretty close myself.

then again, I'm sitting on my couch with stock rear bumpers on my rigs.....:hillbilly:

Subscribed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom