80- engine is getting tired! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RedLine Cruisers is an option. Slee, in Golden, also.
However...
How many miles?
What's your budget?
Does it run currently?
Are you willing to drive it a bit to reach a re-builder?

You’re driving a 3fe around the mile high city. She was not meant to get there fast but to get there reliably for a long time; longer than most can wrap their minds around. If compression numbers are good, she isn’t blowing oil vapors from the filler cap and blue smoke from the tail pipe and uses less than 1qt oil per 1k miles you good to go.

If you want to be in the far left lane, you are a candidate for an LS swap.

You’re driving a 3fe around the mile high city. She was not meant to get there fast but to get there reliably for a long time; longer than most can wrap their minds around. If compression numbers are good, she isn’t blowing oil vapors from the filler cap and blue smoke from the tail pipe and uses less than 1qt oil per 1k miles you good to go.

Couldn't have said it better

I enjoy when Jon posts because he’s the 3fe guru! Makes me feel good about my engines longevity.

@jonheld can you also speak to the 3fe’s “rebuild ability”? From what I’ve seen, parts are few and far between for these dinosaurs nowadays

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom