79+ Seatbelt Location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the process of installing seats in my 9/79 FJ40 and I'm using Planted brackets - the seatbelt buckle feels like it's out of place, it's bolted to the inner most rear seat bolt. Is that correct? Can someone post a picture? I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

Here is what I'm looking at - the anchor is on the innermost rear bolt and the belt is anchored to the outer bolt.
Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 12.09.13 AM.png

Placement looks about right--could use some adjustment to avoid scratching the Tuffy console.

Your console "foot" is mounted to the stock seatbelt receiver hole. Also the other end of your seatbelt should be mounted to the forward side of the jack mount.

On late model 40's, the seat belts were not mounted to seat mounting points. They had their own dedicated mounts. (See red arrows on your pic.)

The way you have it now, that belt would limit the rear travel of the seat and essentially tighten the belt as you slide the seat back.

The red is a 1979 and the green tub is a 1981 or 1982. You can see the mounting holes for the belts.

IMG_5769.jpeg
IMG_1918.jpeg
IMG_4952.jpeg

Thank you so much - the belts were mounted that way when I got the truck but it felt wrong with the new seats - I pulled my Tuffy out and those other holes looked much more appropriate for the belts.

So when folks install a Tuffy into a late model Cruiser the bracket just bolts on on top of the seat belts buckle anchors?

Thanks!

My truck had a similar console when I bought it and the belt's tabs were on top of the console feet.
Not sure if that's correct but it seems like it would work better than the opposite
Got it - the Tuffy instructions mention that it uses the seat belt bolts but doesn’t explain where the seatbelts fit into the equation. I’ll shoot them a call.

Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom