Builds 78 Mustard Yellow FJ40 #Tiger40 (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That there is the California spec thermal reactor exhaust manifold. Look very carefully for cracks before putting it back on. It's a multi piece unit made to heat up quickly, essentially a precursor to cats. I've read on here you can use a federal spec manifold and still pass your visual inspection. You'll need to get the EGR and pipe from the vehicle you get the manifold from though.

Snap a pic of the sticker under the hood on the PS. If it's black with white lettering it's a CA spec 40.

Edit: I see in the first post you have the CA spec sticker. It also looks like your air cleaner housing has the vacuum line routing sticker in good shape. I think someone has posted a pic of the routing from the 78 emissions manual before but you'll have to search for it. Nice 40 indeed.

Thank you! I'll have to check it out closer once I get to that part of the project. I was told that all the emissions related parts were removed within the first year and have been in a crate ever since.

I went out to SLC for some snowboarding and stopped by the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum. It was awesome! Picked up a license plate frame for the 78 :cool:

0984FE51-4034-4E74-9A1B-5807890BAFF8.jpeg

6C9D7787-ED19-4E3D-993B-8598463E6EAD.jpeg

Last edited:
City Racer LLC bow packing for the top front and rear corners of the front doors on the body side. I’m trying to get all of the small details sorted out along the way.

View attachment 3265915
Interested to see how you install these. I’ve got mine on the shelf waiting to tackle at some point

Last edited:
Interested to see how you install these. I’ve got mine on the shelf waiting to tackle at some point
The smaller rear corners already have adhesive on them, so its just a matter of prepping the surface. On the other hand, the front packing has this lip for the top bow to slide into. I plan to follow the step @airon23 took and only glue the lower portion to the window frame.

The smaller rear corners already have adhesive on them, so its just a matter of prepping the surface. On the other hand, the front packing has this lip for the top bow to slide into. I plan to follow the step @airon23 took and only glue the lower portion to the window frame.

Do you need to pull of the top to install that lip?

Not much going on over here since its been raining so much, but here are some older pics. The first time I laid eyes on it at my Father-in-laws house in 2017, and then some pics of us working on it at my place in 2022. I know he has a bunch of old photos from the late 80's early 90's, we just need to get the albums out and go through them.

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom