75 Series Troopcarrier location of anchor bolts. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello!

Newbie here and asking for a favour. As we are converting our beloved 75 series Troopcarrier we just finished laying out the marine carpet and insulation/ sound dampening. Ofcourse we forgot to mark down where the 4 anchoring bolt points are located and now the search for them unravels. We may or may not have glued down the carpet and do not want to tear it out again.

So if you own a 75 series troop carrier could you measure out the locations of the 4 anchoring bolt points. This way Im hoping to use a soldering iron to make as little damage as possible to the carpet while still being able to use the anchoring points to anchor the 17mm ply sheet on top.

Pictures for reference and laughs :D

Thanks so much in advance
Cheers
Josh

IMG_3769.jpeg

IMG_7244.JPG

My floor has so many holes (some are clearly modifications but I assume most are factory) with grommets and plugs in them that I'm not sure what you mean by anchoring points. I haven't built out my floor yet but hope to start sometime soon.

unrelated but what an awesome headliner!
Thanks alot, its actually a cheap fencing we stained, cut up and over 2 days patiently attached to the roof :D

We also visited Toyota and jumped into a brand new 70s series to measure out the anchoring points. Seems like they didn't change the back since the original came out. If anyone is struggling with those measurements:

(measured from the rear door upwards)
(measured from the wheel arch)
1680 x 433
1680 x 530

Bottom
840 x 227
840 x 325

Maybe this helps someone in the same situation some day :)

IMG_7295.JPG

Thanks alot, its actually a cheap fencing we stained, cut up and over 2 days patiently attached to the roof :D

We also visited Toyota and jumped into a brand new 70s series to measure out the anchoring points. Seems like they didn't change the back since the original came out. If anyone is struggling with those measurements:

1680 x 433
1680 x 530

Bottom
840 x 227
840 x 325

View attachment 3510576
Now to convert to freedom units...

But really, when building out the back for an RV, is a sheet of marine ply recommended over the standard rear mat? Just want to make sure when I start my build I don't go screwing myself over.

But really, when building out the back for an RV, is a sheet of marine ply recommended over the standard rear mat? Just want to make sure when I start my build I don't go screwing myself over.
Its about 4.5 bald eagles... :D

I have seen many people doing it very differently. In my case the Cab was very rusty and we tore everything out, scrubbed the rust out. Resealed everything....
The insulation + marine ply bring a nice sound deadening effect. Also the ply will be used to screw in our framing for bed/sofa and kitchen/ fridge. I'll post some progress pictures soon. :)

I think it depends on what you want. If you want a nice flat floor, then 1/2" marine/sande plywood works well. But if you don't, there is nothing wrong with the factory floor mat.

I want a flat floor that I plan to cover with either vinyl or carpet, so I plan to put a plywood floor in.

For now I just have mass loaded vinyl and closed cell foam under the factory mat.

1680 x 433
1680 x 530

Bottom
840 x 227
840 x 325

View attachment 3510576
would it at all be possible for you to put a quick sketch of the measurement points and measurements (can be as simple as on a napkin)? I don't think I'm pulling the measurements right or I don't completely understand because where I'm pulling from (mainly from the wheel wells) i think i'm off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom