Builds 75 Series cab on 80 series chassis with Cummins 6BT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Metal. They look so similar. Where did you buy it?

With some creativity in cutting and welding it might work on a 45. It has a similar look.

Last edited:
Yeah, Partsouq shipping is always cheap, but I wonder what it cost for something that big?

...I don't even want to know how much that cost to ship.

Lookin' good!
$225 which I didn't think was bad at all and only took the 3 days to get to me.

Waiting on more wire for harness but needed to keep pushing on something. Decided to install the speakers in the door pods I got from @c2dfj45. Speakers came with tweeters but I don’t know if I will install them.
D1657005-92B8-4B4D-9D02-362509A23521.jpeg
A11AAD8D-63E6-447B-AC84-E19DAD2AF997.jpeg
9A31FCE2-D181-46B0-9E10-B956A5952BA4.jpeg

Looks great! Like the idea of the tweeter in there.....bet they would sound great!

Looks great!

Some facts for a stupid person, like myself, that is making a wiring harness themselves. @bottombracket you made the right call buying one.
1 - $0 saving by making it or modifying OEM harness.
2 - Lost a good solid two months of time that could have been spent fixing other things.
3 - So far I have maxed out a 22 wire bulk head on the left side and my bulk head on the right side has 14 wires going through it so far. That’s a lot of wires for a mechanical engine. Most sensors I have run three wires. Rear cab bulkhead (haven’t started) will be close to max with all the CDL/lockers/light going through it.
This isn’t even counting the wires that stay inside the cab.
4. Am I happy with it? Yes. I should have 100% knowledge of everything when a problem comes up. Learned a ton and still learning daily.

I could NOT do what you are doing. It’s gonna be worth it when you’re done.

I could NOT do what you are doing. It’s gonna be worth it when you’re done.
I hope so. I can see the end of the tunnel now and looking forward to wrapping it with some nice braided wire loom.

Put the cloth seats in the 80 so I can test them. I want to make sure they are comfy enough for the build. If they aren’t up to par they will stay in the 80 as the LX seats suck balls. If they are good enough I’ll invest in some nice canvas seat covers.
38CD830D-A78B-434B-927E-3049EC997992.jpeg
655B5DAB-04F5-463B-B76A-8E479C1F9A0A.jpeg

Today I test fit the inside cowl harness for the last time. Everything is plugged in with plenty of slack. Heater and vents fit great. I will still need to drill a hole for the pod wiring also and a few other small things. I’ll pull it after testing for wrapping.
I made a small change last minute and decided to use a factory defrost switch instead of the 110v switch. It bugged me having two different type switches. The 110v switch matches the 80 series style. I will attempt the relabel the defrost switch.
0BD17466-E3FF-4B68-9E30-898481859471.jpeg

4A2C4C3E-9BD6-45FF-BB5F-F3A35A184246.jpeg

0F9878FB-5386-47AE-91F8-BAEA72620E2B.jpeg

Next up for inside will be making the second section of harness that goes toward the rear. Locker wires will need to go out the back of the cab and back up front along the frame. I wanted to save a few bulkhead slots open for future ideas.
B76BA943-AA6C-4A5C-B55C-13FE545E211E.jpeg

Forgot to add that I failed at getting the wiper relay I had to work. I broke down and ordered the correct Toyota relay. I should have done it to begin with as it would have saved me weeks of time. The will that last thing to figure on the cowl harness.

Fantactic build, I always look forward to the thrilling installment.
The extra instrument pod ( Center, above the dash top), is this Toyota and do you have a part number?? Mind yo, I'm still interested even if it's not Toyota.

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom