71/76/78 Series Manufacture (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OGBeno

23303-56040
GOLD Star
Threads
A Japanese video that shows Land Cruiser 71/76/78 manufacture at the Toyota Auto Body Yoshiwara Plant.

The first few minutes explain a quick and dirty assembly process of the 300 series in comparison to the 70 series build process which is the bulk of the video.

Pretty impressive that to this day (and was the case when I visited the plant in 2010) the body weld process is still done by hand.

300 series manufacture is highly automated/roboticized in comparison.

It’s in Japanese. But the video is stellar.

Love this! Incredible to see all the work that goes into a 70!
Thank you. :cheers:

What a great find this video is- and this YT channel too- subscribed and I've now got a lot of videos to catch up on. The 70 series process was unbelievable in this video. So much hand welding- and the mechanized lifts coming down from the ceiling at just the right moments in just the right place while the floor lowers simultaneously, etc. What a rare vehicle the 70 series really is.

I walk through the Toyota plant every week that produces the Tundra and Sequoia. After watching that video it is amazing to see how a lot of the 71/76/78 processes involving body weld, paint lift, and assembly is still done by hand in comparison to what I see at the Tundra/Sequoia plant which a lot of is automated.

I walk through the Toyota plant every week that produces the Tundra and Sequoia. After watching that video it is amazing to see how a lot of the 71/76/78 processes involving body weld, paint lift, and assembly is still done by hand in comparison to what I see at the Tundra/Sequoia plant which a lot of is automated.

It’s apparent to me that Toyota is always going to allow trusted partners (TAB/ARACO/GIFU/ARAKAWA AUTO BODY) to do what they please for the greater good of the Toyota ecosystem; they play a role that’s still needed in 75% of the globe.

That is, the Toyota Land Cruiser as its product.

I found it especially interesting that oxy-fuel welding is still used in the construction of the 70-series.

Hello,

Thank you so much for the video.

Throughout the video, "Ran Kuru," or "Lan Cru," (as the Land Cruiser is affectionally called in Japan,) can be heard time and again.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom