70 series Landcruiser Troopy expedition build - Frame off. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JUST WOW! I was eager to see this window set up! I'll to work on the finish too as per we can see the pop rivet on mine
Which windows did you get? I'm using eXplore and got them from Alex at FitGarage in Bend, OR. Front passenger is gullwing because i'm planning a tall cabinet there and the rest are sliders. They have a latch every ~3cm so you can not open them from the outside when they are partially open. They recommended putting screws but with the Sika, I am afraid they are never coming off.

Which windows did you get? I'm using eXplore and got them from Alex at FitGarage in Bend, OR. Front passenger is gullwing because i'm planning a tall cabinet there and the rest are sliders. They have a latch every ~3cm so you can not open them from the outside when they are partially open. They recommended putting screws but with the Sika, I am afraid they are never coming off.
Those was front sliding windows Australia but now I wonder how I am going to let air in circulate when rolling

Started mounting the wire harness and I need HELP!!!

I'm not sure where the relay block sits.
Is it under the steering bracket?
Is the main harness sitting where I located it?

Thanks!

IMG_2515.JPG
IMG_2516.JPG
IMG_2517.JPG

Started mounting the wire harness and I need HELP!!!

I'm not sure where the relay block sits.
Is it under the steering bracket?
Is the main harness sitting where I located it?

Thanks!

Hey Bud, relay block sits under the steering (right side) yes but it's bolted to the mount thay is horizontal from floor to dash brace it's doesn't look like you have it

Hey Bud, relay block sits under the steering (right side) yes but it's bolted to the mount thay is horizontal from floor to dash brace it's doesn't look like you have it
Does the big loom goes above the steering bracket or below it? If above the relay block has too short of slack.
And the column that goes down to the floor from the steering bracket is laying on the floor on the first photo. Is is where the relay block attaches?

Does the big loom goes above the steering bracket or below it? If above the relay block has too short of slack.
And the column that goes down to the floor from the steering bracket is laying on the floor on the first photo. Is is where the relay block attaches?
Big loom above on mine

The colon is mounted like this with the block on it

IMG_3518.jpg

Thanks Tommy. As my Optimal Control professor at Stanford would say after filling 4 blackboards with equations... " the solution is intuitively obvious" and we would look at the boards with dazed eyes. :oops:

IMG_2519.JPG

Pedals (from an 80 series including booster) are in as well as the heater/AC core. Connected the clutch line. I did curse today because of the time it took. I have so much sound insulation on the firewall that it was hard to install everything.

Not sure about the puzzle with the gray brackets. I was so excited about taking all rusted parts apart that never took photos...

IMG_2530.JPG
IMG_2529.JPG
IMG_2527.JPG

Also, I don't think the red circled piece goes in your dash... it looks like the piece that goes inside of your front bezel and provides the midpoint anchor. Bolts in to your radiator support and front valance I think...
IMG_2527.JPG

This piece right inside here...
032tireprofile.jpg

Also... the red one circled here is a trim piece for the far left or right side of your dash... the yellow ones I don't think go to the dash but I can't my finger on where they go.
IMG_2527.JPG

The red circled one goes to one of these sides between the a-pillar and dash. You should have one for each side.
IMG_2159.jpeg

Also... the red one circled here is a trim piece for the far left or right side of your dash... the yellow ones I don't think go to the dash but I can't my finger on where they go.
View attachment 3593774

The red circled one goes to one of these sides between the a-pillar and dash. You should have one for each side.View attachment 3593777
Fantastic. Thank you!!!!

View attachment 3593774

The red circled one goes to one of these sides between the a-pillar and dash. You should have one for each side.View attachment 3593777
So the main wire line on goes under the steering bracket based on your photo. I was struggling to put it above.

IMG_2532.jpeg

So the main wire line on goes under the steering bracket based on your photo. I was struggling to put it above.

View attachment 3593951
Yes, above the steering column, under that bracket. I did not alter mine, that's the OEM location as I found it.

Yes, above the steering column, under that bracket. I did not alter mine, that's the OEM location as I found it.
And the bracket in front of the radiator will have to be replaced with a custom one. The intercooler is in the way.
By the way Landcruisergrills in Flagstaff is making a custom grill to fit the intercooler.

Ok. I figured some of the brackets. Also the dash actually fits.

Does anyone knows the part numbers that connect to the two connectors on the evaporator? Also where the two brackets that are sitting on the transmission hump go?

IMG_2543.jpeg
IMG_2545.jpeg

Ok. I figured some of the brackets. Also the dash actually fits.

Does anyone knows the part numbers that connect to the two connectors on the evaporator? Also where the two brackets that are sitting on the transmission hump go?

View attachment 3596162View attachment 3596163
Those two connectors coming out of the evaporator box are related to the AC (obviously I guess). The left one is a temp sensor and the right one is the AC pressure switch. Both of those plugged into plugs in my harness/loom. They fed through the harness into the AC "amplifier" which is the control box.

Those two connectors coming out of the evaporator box are related to the AC (obviously I guess). The left one is a temp sensor and the right one is the AC pressure switch. Both of those plugged into plugs in my harness/loom. They fed through the harness into the AC "amplifier" which is the control box.
mmm. I found the sub harness for the heater control. I think it’s a later model harness because the connectors don’t match. I’ll have to identify the 2 and find a way to mate them with the evaporator.

I guess from all aspects I’m building a car from scratch.

Having issues with the two pipes of the evaporator coming out of the firewall. Threads are 16x1.5 and 24x1.5. Cold hose had the small fitting (that needed a custom pipe) but the big one was 24x3. I bought a nut 24x1.5 and will TIG a washer and then CNC. also the tube is not available so we are CNCing it as well. Sucks.

IMG_2594.jpeg

IMG_2595.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom