70 series Landcruiser Troopy expedition build - Frame off. (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That sucks, but good you were able to fix it on the road. What capacity of fuel tank are you using? The stock ~23.8 gallon/90L?

That sucks, but good you were able to fix it on the road. What capacity of fuel tank are you using? The stock ~23.8 gallon/
Yes. Stock. Over 500 miles range.

All good. Lucky to have friends that came and helped this morning. The body and frame mate. All fits and bolts are on the body mounts. No nuts yet.

Bfast - bagels, Alaska King Salmon cream cheese. Fresh OJ.

IMG_8490.jpeg

IMG_8488.jpeg

IMG_8494.jpeg
IMG_2165.jpeg
IMG_8495.jpeg

3 Doors are in.
Check for fit of the dash and steering brackets. I don't really remember how it all goes together. Puzzle.
Also windows are checked for fit.
Insulation 3 layers are next.
I still not clear how to attach the fender flares. Hate the idea of screws on the bottom. Maybe Sika 221 all around. ??

IMG_2187.JPG
IMG_2195.JPG
IMG_2194.jpg
IMG_2193.JPG
IMG_2192.jpg

Sound insulation the next couple of weeks…
I’ll do the cab first. 2 layers of this rubber insulation paint/goop. Doing the heavy rubber will be a learning curve. 🤷‍♂️

IMG_2291.jpeg

IMG_2293.jpeg
IMG_2294.jpeg

IMG_2301.JPG
IMG_2302.JPG
Fuel tank moved back (because of the 80 drivetrain) and is actually mounted on the frame not the body. I had to build a pipe adopter to connect to the fuel filler.

Working on the third layer of insulation. This heavy rubber is a bitch to work on. In the meantime to increase my motivation, started assembling the heater. I’ll check fit once the rubber layer is done in the cab. I’ll try glueing the rubber sections with SIKA 221. Do a test and if not, maybe with rubberized crazy glue IC-2000.

IMG_2303.jpeg

Beautiful stuff Ofer!

Oh the things you can get done when you're not buried in snow and cold!
Hahaha. Is that Karl??? Thx! Everything takes FOREVER.... Can't wait to drive this thing. If it will ever drive...

One more layer of heavy rubber insulation for sound. I may add 1/2" felt under. Also new heater and AC OEM are in just to check fit. I'll pull it out in order to install the electrical harness. Also today installed the 4 eXplore glazing side windows using SIKA 221. Passenger front is a gullwing. I'll have a tall cabinet there so there is access from the outside. That glue/polyurethane is a bitch!!!

IMG_2308.JPG
IMG_2313.JPG

Front door windows, latches and locks are in all new hardware. Also the side window with Sika 221. Waiting for some wool sound insulation for the inside firewall. After that is electrical.

Not sure how to finish the side windows inside window sill. My thought is to fill it up with acrylic water proof caulking material that is gray as the interior, or just paint it with the body color. Otherwise the finish looks very crude in my opinion.

IMG_2380.JPG

Front door windows, latches and locks are in all new hardware. Also the side window with Sika 221. Waiting for some wool sound insulation for the inside firewall. After that is electrical.

Not sure how to finish the side windows inside window sill. My thought is to fill it up with acrylic water proof caulking material that is gray as the interior, or just paint it with the body color. Otherwise the finish looks very crude in my opinion.
JUST WOW! I was eager to see this window set up! I'll to work on the finish too as per we can see the pop rivet on mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom