7.0 liter 430 Lincoln in my 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK now here me out :hmm:

I'm getting ready to open up my 1F to see why oil is getting into the coolant, but no coolant in the oil. This possibly could be due to a small crack.
So, if this turns out to be true; I have a freshly built 7.0 liter 430 in my 65 continental. YES, this could be a costly and time consuming swap. But I have to at least consider it. It definitely has displacement. The 430 is about 350HP with TQ "pert near the same.
So after searching I found nothing, not even info on anyone swapping this engines nearest cousin, the Ford 460BB. So if anyone knows, please enlighten me.

almost put a 352 ford in my 73 fj40, but opt for a SBC, never looked back. Also put a 302 ford in a 67 fj40, it was real clean and eazy, used the 3 spd and a plate.

Hmm that definitely would be an odd swap... but if you gonna go for it consider a 7.3 diesel instead! Can't kill that engine (nor easily start it in winter)

People have dumped 500 Caddy engines into them. I can't see why you couldn't get a 430 in there.

Ahh the Continental... :beer: I had a blue 1972 Mark IV with the 460, C6 automatic, and 9" rear end. We called it the Land Barge. It just floated down the road. Stick your foot in it and it would go but I don't think it had anywhere near 350 HP. Maybe 200HP tops? That car loved to cruise on the interstate... good times indeed!

with the 501 caddy the automatic adapters are available for advance or you can use the gto bell housing if you have a 3 speed .or the advance housing for a 4 speed.its a tight fit but goes like hell and you need a way bigger radiator that requires some thought to get it in there.i dont know if there is any ford stuff available.just beacuse you have the motor doesnt mean you will save money .good luck

Hey pc, what have you done with your FJ. I put a 1970 455 buick in a 78 FJ just this past year. Tight fit but is a real looker and goes like hell

just beacuse you have the motor doesnt mean you will save money .good luck
2nd that

Just my 2 cents...

:meh: why you would want to do that? Just rebuild the stocker and make it simple on yourself and original for preserving what made these things cool to begin with. And it would keep the Lincoln cool and running! A kick a$$ road car followed by an even better original FJ!!!

Good luck with your decision!

Last edited:
Hey pc, what have you done with your FJ. I put a 1970 455 buick in a 78 FJ just this past year. Tight fit but is a real looker and goes like hell

pictures ????? 455 buick would be a sweet engine , or a 455 olds *drools*

Ha ha, I knew I'd get some shocked responses!

I never said this would be cheap. I just said, my 1F is on the outs and I have a freshly built 430. Like I said, I had to at least consider it. I just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts. Yep, a massive radiator would be needed. If it helps I guess I could post some pics of the engine, Ill try to do this soon. The 430 is wide, but pretty flat due to the lincoln's setup.

AA didn't have anything listed so I figured I'd ask.

There are plenty of negative people on here that are going to tell you that you shouldn't do it and there are all kinds of reasons why it will never work. They like to poo poo on anything that someone does that isn't tried true and tested. Ignore them, go for it! It's going to be be a great build, you will have a ton of fun doing it, and you will learn a lot.

Take a look at this thread I started a while ago about the craziest engine swap ever.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/239726-craziest-engine-conversion-40-a.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom