This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all!
I’m new to the forum but I’ve owned these two FJ’s going on 12 years. The blue rig is the 67 and I’m ready to dig into it. I live in South Carolina so hard core rock crawling isn’t common. Most of the wheeling we do is dirt roads and swampy land. I plan to use the 40 for running around town with the kids and enjoying it off road. The wish list is:
LS/vortec
5 speed manual
Accompanying transfer case
SOA
Power steering
Disc breaks
37”-40” tires
My question to the group is what the best route to make this happen? I need to know exactly what engine, transmission, and transfer case to be looking for. I’m new to swaps, but I’ve been doing a ton of research but the more I dig in the more I just don’t know which direction to go. I need your wisdom!
Thanks!
-Marshall

C328016B-7619-4737-BF90-609D148FE5F3.jpeg

91CA9AD2-120C-4338-AC2C-EEC6EC047952.jpeg

SOA isn't great on the road, but it can be very acceptable if done right. I'd check out @A10Driver's mustard build if you are looking for SOA, 37's, and a 5.3.

I have a few fun engine swap ideas, but they aren't exactly user-friendly, yet. The 5.3, or even a 4.8 is a great candidate, and are very well-known swaps.

Also, both your bezels are upside down :flipoff2::flipoff2:

Axles on the '67 most likely will fail hard with your intended tires. My '66 didn't like 33s and a stock 350.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom