'62 FJ40 in the Netherlands (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Matt. It is a 62. I just saw the right temp sender in your shop. 83420-20010. But I’ll try the one I have first. This year did not have the boot afaik?

that is correct , the boot was a late Model 2F addition update by toyota

and , Yes The 83420-20010 would Be the Correct Length sending unit , and also have the Button Connector

style hookup to match your current style harness connector shown

not sure what sender you have now , but i am not aware of any toyota interchange part #'s in this case ?

unless you have some sort of aftermarket sender maybe ?

I thought I knew but I'm confused. What parts are black in the engine room and what parts are body color?
The firewall is black, the sides that are attached to the tub behind the aprons are black.

What about the inside of the fenders, the inside of the aprons and the inside of the hood?

some pics here and info

destin's build thread as well as FjFjFj's is good to check out .... big time :)

I thought I knew but I'm confused. What parts are black in the engine room and what parts are body color?
The firewall is black, the sides that are attached to the tub behind the aprons are black.

What about the inside of the fenders, the inside of the aprons and the inside of the hood?
Inside the fenders from the seam on the top down...top inside of the fender is body colored

Test fit of the bodypanels and roof.
F0916648-6012-481D-B930-CC6AB31AF23F.jpeg
6B018425-78F9-42F6-8D53-7A70AE018039.jpeg

Wow those turn signals look great. Sorry but quality work requires additional questions to help the rest of us. Any secrets to the lenses? Originals or did you reproduce them? Where did you find the gaskets and mounting base or are they the Same as newer lights. Who rewired them for you?

This emblem.
View attachment 2228115
Should the black part under the landcruiser text be black on a 62? Or all chrome?

Not 100% sure but I think they were always black. On my FJ25, I found traces of black but can’t be sure if they were replaced at some stage. Surely they have enough patina to warrant, may be they are original to “Sheriff”, but who knows.

Wow those turn signals look great. Sorry but quality work requires additional questions to help the rest of us. Any secrets to the lenses? Originals or did you reproduce them? Where did you find the gaskets and mounting base or are they the Same as newer lights. Who rewired them for you?
Thanks.

The lights I got from Whitey. For Sale - Ultra rare dual sided turn signals, rear taillights, brackets. As he said, a really good rustfree set. I was really lucky I got these.
The wiring was in good condition. Only replaced the sleeve.
I stole the gaskets from a set of recently bought single sides lights, that was the same. I'll need a set of new gaskets for these, then these can go on the 45V. (Does anyone sell these gaskets?)
Then the lenses. Long time ago there was this post:
last straw

this was just brought to my attention by another mud member.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251476747927&fromMakeTrack=true

this is the last straw, I'm punching out with this project. I'm sorry this didn't pan out the way I anticipated but I'm not wired to support this kind of nonsense. The contact info is there and I know he has at least 8 sets to sell. He has masters so he can do more, whether he is willing I don't know.

again, sorry to all of you who have been patiently waiting:meh:
I was that MUD member that found the lenses on ebay and I bought a set when I could (with mixed feelings for the guys who had housings and no lenses), hoping to find a set of housings one day. The ebay seller (David) was streetlens in australia: streetlens on eBay . In 2017 I contacted him again for another member and asked him if he could still make these lenses. He answered he could and I would hear from him. But I didn't hear from him again. About the same experience as sean @67azcruizr had back in 2014. I think David is a good guy and there are possibilities, but it'll take a long breath..
The lenses are not perfect. They needed trimming, and are a bit crispy, not as durable as the OEM ones I'm affraid. Hope they stay good for a long time. I don't know how they'll hold up with the heat of 21W bulbs. Maybe better to find a set of LED lights to put in (for now I mounted 10W).

Getting some parts back from the painter on monday. Fenders, bib, door window frames etc. The inside of those parts is painted, now we can mount it and after that the outside can be painted.
Question, the bib hinge... the top half is body color. But the bottom part? Black or body color?

Getting some parts back from the painter on monday. Fenders, bib, door window frames etc. The inside of those parts is painted, now we can mount it and after that the outside can be painted.
Question, the bib hinge... the top half is body color. But the bottom part? Black or body color?

Body color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom