'62 FJ40 in the Netherlands (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mounting the roof...
You asked a few years back about the roof/windshield seal. What did you find out, and any pics of that detail part of install?

if i can find it, i have a roof windshield seal somewhere for my 45. i can get pics

I bought a NOS one some time ago. Luckily I made a pic before installation. The two flaps go perfectly over both sides of the lip on the roof.
ED5A9B64-E3C0-48B1-B602-F11E23E761B4.jpeg

Working on the wiring of the lighting. Need some new old style connect. I tried to reach @Coolerman by mail and conversation without succes. I know he is a busy man. Hope he reads this.

Any other sources for old style bullet and spade connectors? we’re getting closer to the finish. it is getting time to get this sorted.

So it's all done Paul?

Almost. The last details need to be sorted. Have to make a list and finish it one by one.
Things like the bullet connectors of the taillights, the valve cover decals, engine adjustments etc.

Looking for a old style battery. Didn’t find it yet in the right dimensions.

Almost. The last details need to be sorted. Have to make a list and finish it one by one.
Things like the bullet connectors of the taillights, the valve cover decals, engine adjustments etc.

Bloody beauty! Well done to you for coming this far!

This build has been a lot of help with my ‘63 FJ45 (it’s really a ‘62, early). Can‘t get enough of the pics of the details. Hope this thread stays around for a bit. 👏

Schau` bei diesen Adressen mal, ob du die richtige findest.

#308 ... beinahe vergessen, mach` die Haube zu, bevor du losfährst ...
.. und dann, ab nach Zandvoort auf die Rennstrecke
!;)

Last edited:
IMG_4966.jpg
c7ab236cc84e10b49f3535ea64d53872.jpg

Just seen you did an engine swap....
my first car was a Schuco Ferrari scale 1:20 (6,3 ") - 252 g / 7,8 oz/made in Western Germany 1954 - 1966/ key embossed 'Schuco' and size '3' .... & a complete tool box great !

unnamed.jpg
Schuco.png

im´e(1).png
..............................................................................................................................................................the greatest engine of all time ...... all's said !

Last edited:
If you want it done sooner - buy a DeLorean ;)

Having a beer at the “vrijmibo” enjoying the view☀🍻.
next week up for the APK (MOT). Then we can drive it and every now and then wrench a bit to finish the last details.
View attachment 2344746

OMG, it’s already out in the wild. Congratulations Paul. What a journey it has been for you. Simply awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom