6-4-6 pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gumby

Supamod
s-Moderator
Threads
New tools!

Makes me feel the need for self dating.

Got another grant. Bought some better, safer tools.

Replaces an old Carolina band saw that would throw blades and a Makita chop box. The chop box works fine, but throws a lot of sparks, leaves a red hot and sharp edge, and always has the chance of breaking the blade and shooting shards at high speeds. ( Hows the face, Woodrow?)

The cold saw is SWEET. Slow blade speeds, no sparks, and cold, perfect cuts.

Uh-oh. I think I need another sock.:eek:
bandsaw.jpg
coldsaw.jpg

How come we didn't have tools like that in the auto shop when I was in high school?

And how come the chicks weren't as hot either?

:crybaby:

very nice todd.

kept lookin at my band saw not thinking i'd use it much.
i've used it four times in two days.

i like stacking steel plates and letting it go.

mines a 20 yr old carolina,
but it's in pretty fair condition.

nice hook up!

I've hidden an Ironworker somewhere in this picture. That would be the tool to have. We had one in the shop at U.C. Davis and that thing was awesome. Unfortunately, it didn't come with the dual accessories...

peddinghaus-ironworker-girls-of-ocean.jpg

if the students only knew how lucky they are to have you Todd!

Goombayah!

bk

I know nothing about cold saws. Can someone explain the concept ?

The fast red hot saw that pelts you with tiny eye seeking meteors I am familiar with.

You'd think that if the company could afford a picture shoot with models they could afford a better color of paint.

Very nice, I see you have to tie the toys down, have you have problems with tools walking away?

I have a Powermatic vertical that looks EXACTLY like that one 'cept mine has a white racing stripe around the top.
Cool. I'm pretty jacked up about it. Means I can finally get rid of the crapineese bandsaw I have now :cool:

Gumby, is that a Dake Super Cut 250 cold saw?

Now I gotta find out when this one was made - gotta be 50's, early 50's maybe.
:cool:

I love Craigslist. Got this, a dust collector, scroll saw and 12" disc sander all for $150 today :cool: :cool:
clausing1.jpg

Junk, you suck! That's a great find for $150.

Now I gotta find out when this one was made - gotta be 50's, early 50's maybe.
:cool:

I love Craigslist. Got this, a dust collector, scroll saw and 12" disc sander all for $150 today :cool: :cool:

Yeah, I'm digging it. Instead of buying single phase converters for all this crap though I guess i should just build a rotary phase converter and toss it up in the attic or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom