5.3L Powered Truck Pulls To the Right When I Let Go Of The Accelerator and Left When I Accelerate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve got one in my 60 and I’m doing the same in my 62.

It’s been so boring that I don’t even give them a second thought.

I bought a 5.3 thinking I had blown my 2F. Needless to say, I’m selling the 5.3 and the 2F is happy. False alarm.

You should buy my vortec powered truck

I’ve got one in my 60 and I’m doing the same in my 62.

It’s been so boring that I don’t even give them a second thought.

I bought a 5.3 thinking I had blown my 2F. Needless to say, I’m selling the 5.3 and the 2F is happy. False alarm.

I got to drive Jimmy’s @CenTXFJ60 brother’s 62 with h55, it drove great!

All good suggestions, but have you checked to see if your brakes are dragging?

If it looks like it is dog walking (or whatever term you want) while driving down the road, this is usually due to alignment of the rear axle relative to the front wheels. The rear axle needs to be re-centered (parallel to the front wheels) to correct this so it drives straight.

Update: I installed new tires today and the pulling is completely gone. I haven’t done anything else to the truck. I took it for a drive and no pulling, even let go of the steering wheel and decelerated and accelerated and nothing. It was a big relief not having to open up the rear differential.

Thanks again for everyone’s input!

Hind sight is 20/20 @HemiAlex, while I love the power of the 5.3, I have had multiple issues/headaches/$$$$ with the conversion, I would not do it again
If it's a quick and dirty swap it will be a headache. The more thorough a swap the less issues. Very few people do a thorough and detail oriented swap.

If it's a quick and dirty swap it will be a headache. The more thorough a swap the less issues. Very few people do a thorough and detail oriented swap.

When I initially had the conversion done, it was supposed to be a thorough one. It’s been a headache since.

When I initially had the conversion done, it was supposed to be a thorough one. It’s been a headache since.

What about it has been a headache?

@White Stripe Truck has one issue after another since the conversion
My 3FE in my 62 seems to be having issues as of late. New starter. replaced valve covers and gasket (2x), oil pan gasket (2x), transmission cable, rebuilt transmission, rear main seal replaced, front disc and rotors and calipers, new brake booster, new radiator, new fan clutch, transfer case rebuilt (2x), throttle cable, water pump drive belts and pulleys, new timing cover gasket and front main seal, AC conversion from R12 to R134, Replaced 4x4 sensor in transfer case, replaced fuel injectors, replaced coil, ecu and throttle body. Did valve adjustment (they were way off). All this in the last 2 years. My rig has 190k on the odometer and has been babied from birth and all stock. Now power steering pump is going out and it likes to spit out power steering fluid. So its next on my list (Torfab is taking care of it). That and the steering box. Nothing left to touch..... never say never.

My 3FE in my 62 seems to be having issues as of late. New starter. replaced valve covers and gasket (2x), oil pan gasket (2x), transmission cable, rebuilt transmission, rear main seal replaced, front disc and rotors and calipers, new brake booster, new radiator, new fan clutch, transfer case rebuilt (2x), throttle cable, water pump drive belts and pulleys, new timing cover gasket and front main seal, AC conversion from R12 to R134, Replaced 4x4 sensor in transfer case, replaced fuel injectors, replaced coil, ecu and throttle body. Did valve adjustment (they were way off). All this in the last 2 years. My rig has 190k on the odometer and has been babied from birth and all stock. Now power steering pump is going out and it likes to spit out power steering fluid. So its next on my list (Torfab is taking care of it). That and the steering box. Nothing left to touch..... never say never.

I feel your pain @Roonie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom