The White Ghost gets a second chance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The White Ghost is coming to me from Austin and has been Meatloaf's dream to have a V-8 in it. So here she goes! The game plan is to install a 2004 5.3 Vortec using Downey and AA adapters mated to a new H55 transmission. It will have all the goodies that go with it. New fuel lines, clean install and the Iainscared signature. So I will let Meatloaf explain the rest and post his pic's But for now you can see what is going in this beast of a lion:grinpimp:
eng1.JPG
eng2.JPG
eng3.JPG

Nice engine Randy!!!

Yes, after messing with my wagon for two years I decided to go north and have it done right. I had bought everything for a 350tbi/700r4 conversion and started tearing into my wagon. I just didn't have the time or the experience to get it done. I am really glad I didn't do the tbi swap cause after reading and following Aintscared's Vortec swap thread on Mr. Zero's wagon, I knew exactly what I wanted and who I wanted to do the swap for me -- Randy Aintscared1969! My wife & CFO knew that I really wanted to do this so she finally said "go ahead and do it" and I was emailing Aintscared within minutes.

I will post pictures of what my wagon looks like now and you all will see the transformation in process just like Mr. Zero's and now GSWESTS wagons. I will tow my wagon there next weekend, so keep your eyes oin this thread.:grinpimp:

Luis (aka Meatloaf)

you guys are jerks:flipoff2:

just kidding. I have a feeling we will see plenty more Vortec conversions in the future! Please keep them coming as it has been great reading and a ton of very valuable information for us dreamers out here.
:cheers::popcorn:
CliNt

man, meatloaf - that gonna take off like a bat outa hell! :)

Gypsy - I'm sure Aintscared will be providing a wealth of knowledge and lots of pics.

Phoenix - I can't wait to hear the ghost run and of course 'check out' the power it's gonna have.

Here are a couple of pics of the gutless ghost and as it sits on the dolley awaiting it's trek to Irving.

ML
IMG_0459.JPG
IMG_0478.JPG
IMG_0477.JPG

Don't worry guys plenty of pic's to come and I am alway's glad to hear you all are interested in the work.

Did anyone notice that truck looked ready for a road trip? Anxious are we?

Thanks to all I just like doing these and I always try to make the next one better than the last.

My own section nah. BUT One strictley for 60 swaps would be cool:grinpimp:

Keep posted I will be finishing gwest this week if all goes well and I can get the hoses finished.

Don't worry guys plenty of pic's to come and I am alway's glad to hear you all are interested in the work.

Did anyone notice that truck looked ready for a road trip? Anxious are we?

Thanks to all I just like doing these and I always try to make the next one better than the last.

My own section nah. BUT One strictley for 60 swaps would be cool:grinpimp:

Keep posted I will be finishing gwest this week if all goes well and I can get the hoses finished.

Look at the inside...
IMG_0479.JPG

IT'S Christmas somewhere in Austin!! Glad to see that. Oh and let the CFO know the ghost is in good hands.:D

Finally some pic's

Here is the tear down of the Vortec. The intake was cracked and the oil pan had a hole in it. But we are going to the yard and get some replacements. In the first pic is Cruisinfj60 turning a wrench. Thanks again and this has got to be better than working on a Cadi.
luis60eng1.JPG
luis60eng2.JPG
luis60eng3.JPG

stupid dang caddies... P.O.S.!

this motor was super clean once we got it all tore down as yall can see round the rockers there is no sludge at all.

This engine is so clean I think they never had a chance to break it in. I can't even see heat indications on the crank or in the rocker's. This was an outstanding pick I might say!

Nice going! I'm looking forward to watching this buildup.

Hey Randy,

Nice pick on the engine! Nice to see that the ghost is going to get ressurected. And it could not be in better hands. Cruisin' thanks for helping Randy out.

ML

Rigger-I can see the wheels turning in your head! :D

It's that obvious, huh?

Game plan: Save up 10 large. Drive '62 to Texas in right lane. Fly home. Fly back two months later. Give money to iaintscared. Drive Vortec62 home in left lane, trying to keep it under 85, while watching for cops.

Hmmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom