4th Annual 70 Series Meet & Greet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all 70 Series owners and fans of the Series

Our fourth annual meet and greet will be held the weekend of September 28, 2018 at Windrock OHV Park outside Oak Ridge, TN. Windrock Park

Please save the date and make plans to join us there for tire kicking, wheeling and general hanging out.

Additional details to follow.
Charles, Sam & Peter

Since the meet-n-greet is scheduled very close to my wedding anniversary, I may have higher priority requirements from my bride.

2018 GSMTR Registration Is Open

As an early prep or alternative for the meet-n-greet, GSMTR is next month and is held at Wind Rock park. Usually, 2-3 70 series Cruisers make the event but there have been a couple years when closer to half a dozen made it. I will be there for the entire week with my BJ70.

Last edited:
Its virtually impossible to schedule a Land Cruiser event that doesn't overlap or interfere with another event regardless of the time of year. At some point you have to pick a date and hope for the best which is what we have done now for 4 years running. The event has grown over the last few years and the format may need to be tweaked from time to time to keep it relevant and growing. Hope to see you there.

Since the meet-n-greet is scheduled very close to my wedding anniversary, I may have higher priority requirements from my bride.

2018 GSMTR Registration Is Open

As an early prep or alternative for the meet-n-greet, GSMTR is next month and is held at Wind Rock park. Usually, 2-3 70 series Cruisers make the event but there have been a couple years when closer to half a dozen made it. I will be there for the entire week with my BJ70.
I’m in the same camp - may not be able to make September work. But I will be at GSMTR with a 70 series.

Clear your calendars........ :)
It's a great opportunity to connect the actual person with their 'MUD avatar and see a variety of 70 Series.

Last edited:
:rimshot:

:lol: Because they are all overheated with cracked heads. :meh:
Even if they show up steaming or smoking, they are welcome. :)

Engine swap at the 70 series gathering! If Rob wants side work, that would be a slam bam jobber over a weekend. :)
Rob is booked until sometime in 2019 so no side work. :)

Although this event may be tweaked from year to year, it will basically remain a "social event" that features the 70 Series and those who own them. Windrock has trails that range from easy to extremely challenging and with luck we'll have volunteers to guide the bulk of them recognizing that many 70 Series are stock and are driven by folks who have limited off road experience. If you have an interest in seeing a broad cross section of 70 Series this is the east coast event to attend. Peter, Sam and I look forward to seeing you there.

There are many ways to socialize at Wind Rock. Here a couple interesting pictures that my daughter snapped of my 70 at Wind Rock this afternoon. GSMTR is this week with venue site being Wind Rock.

What makes these shots interesting is how easy the section was but how intense it looks in the pictures. The 70 is my daily driver so I stick to the bunny trails with a wide yellow stripe down my back.

20180514_141126.jpg
20180514_141134.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom