4th Annual 70 Series Meet & Greet (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
For your group dining planning consideration ...
Check out Dean's Restaurant & Bakery
Dean's Restaurant & Bakery
The food and service was great at a good value. The only problem was we only had one opportunity to dine there last week.

For your group dining planning consideration ...
Check out Dean's Restaurant & Bakery
Dean's Restaurant & Bakery
The food and service was great at a good value. The only problem was we only had one opportunity to dine there last week.
Mo options, mo better. Thanks for the information. Can they handle a sizable crowd in your opinion?

Last edited:
Mo options, mo better. Thanks for the information. Can they handle a sizable crowd in your opinion?

Yes, I recall a table that might have been able to seat a dozen plus additional tabled that could be pulled up too.

Yes, I recall a table that might have been able to seat a dozen plus additional tabled that could be pulled up too.
Thanks Larry, In previous years we've met at an Outback Restaurant in Oakridge and of course the BBQ restaurant in Oliver Springs.

I made it to the first one ,in Alabama. But none since ,went to windrock for the the first time for GSMTR,loved the park so I'm planning on making it to this one.

I made it to the first one ,in Alabama. But none since ,went to windrock for the the first time for GSMTR,loved the park so I'm planning on making it to this one.
The event in North Alabama was a good start. Hopefully we can continue to improve on that one.

As the date gets closer I'll ask those that plan to attend to send me a P.M. to confirm. Our goal is to have at least one of every series of Land Cruiser that is currently in the U.S. in attendance. It's a lofty goal but doable. * :)

*At this early date we have 73 Series (multiple), 75 Series (Ute & Troopy) and 77 Series (multiple) planning to attend.

Last edited:
Our goal from the beginning was to have this event grow each year and attract larger and larger crowds of 70 Series owners and while that's certainly still our goal, we have decided to return to what we refer to as the "Alabama" model (our first event). This year we will not seek sponsors in an effort to pay for catered meals and raffles. We will however put more of an emphasis on a weekend of socializing and trail riding. At least one group that is renting a cabin has volunteered to host a cookout either Friday or Saturday night. The other night we will most likely meet at a local restaurant that can accommodate our group. Hopefully this simplified format will allow everyone to have a relaxing and enjoyable weekend.
Thanks.

image.jpeg

Our goal starting with the first event was to chose a venue that was within an 8-12 hour drive of most of the eastern states.
In addition to being a great venue, Windrock generally meets this criteria. Perhaps at some point in the future there should also be a "mid-country" 70 Series event and then everyone will have the opportunity to attend a local event. :)
There is always the option of UAL + Hertz. It’s the people, not the trucks or trails :)

Our goal from the beginning was to have this event grow each year and attract larger and larger crowds of 70 Series owners and while that's certainly still our goal, we have decided to return to what we refer to as the "Alabama" model (our first event). This year we will not seek sponsors in an effort to pay for catered meals and raffles. We will however put more of an emphasis on a weekend of socializing and trail riding. At least one group that is renting a cabin has volunteered to host a cookout either Friday or Saturday night. The other night we will most likely meet at a local restaurant that can accommodate our group. Hopefully this simplified format will allow everyone to have a relaxing and enjoyable weekend.
Thanks.
Sponsors are just a bunch of whiny babies anyway......wait, I’m a sponsor.....

There is always the option of UAL + Hertz. It’s the people, not the trucks or trails :)
Absolutely ..... :)
I however suggest AA + Hertz .... It helps my retirement.

Last edited:
Considering half of those folks are now in the Witness Protection Program, you shouldn't have posted that photo. :)
No worries, as most have assumed new cover stories like this guy

upload_2018-5-27_10-11-18.jpeg

We have already planned a week trip for the week after this, but I’ll see if I can talk her into both or cancelling the other one.
Please tell your wife that all of the cool people will be at this event. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom