460-Add Crawl Control (CC) and Multi Terrain Select (MTS) to 2010-2019 models/all trims (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also finally got around to it, easy and worth it... Man, I need to get back to working on this truck.
With getting/fixing a daily for Jr Nomad, and then having to reapply for a lost in the mail title... time to finish some projects.

Also finally got around to it, easy and worth it... Man, I need to get back to working on this truck.
With getting/fixing a daily for Jr Nomad, and then having to reapply for a lost in the mail title... time to finish some projects.
Yeah! What's up mate!! Haven't seen you on here in a while!
Looking forward to some pic's of your projects. :cheers:

Ok, my posts have been vague, that's because if it didn't work out I would have been embarrassed. Well, it's installed and working!

Every once in a while I will run a google shopping search for the MTS and CC part numbers, and last week a hit came up on aliexpress for the MTS module. Being aliexpress I was skeptical, but figured I would gamble. The price for the module is $189 with free shipping, but I use honey app extension, and it found several coupons that drop the price, so I got it out the door for $158.83.

Anyway, I was able to install the module in about 45 minutes following the directions at clublexus listed at the beginning of this thread.

For context, I'm adding a photo of my GX at the bluffs on Coal Canyon Trail overlooking Palisade, CO (near Grand Junction).

PXL_20220604_222740929.jpg

Been poking around the 2022 parts and wiring and it looks like the offroad package has different part numbers for several parts. The rotary switch is not listed yet so I can't figure that part out, but there is a multiplex module I can't find anywhere: 5593660030 that is unique to the 2022 offroad package and multi terrain package. Still hunting but the part lists are very light for the 2022 still.

Looks like must be luxury to start....still working through but I started seeing the parts finally for the 22.
MTSCC22.jpg

What makes you think that? The diagram is not clear. It would be very disappointing if tbis turned out to truly be the case...
because this is also the case for the 2021 per my testing with my old 21 before I got the 22.

Putting this here mainly for posterity, as I haven't found any conclusive english language information out there in the past couple months of researching this topic. With the caveat that enough money makes anything possible, if you've got the instrument cluster and steering wheel pictured here, you CANNOT retrofit MTS and CC. The instrument cluster, steering wheel, under dash wiring harness, and some of the control modules have different part numbers. Additionally there is no Drivers Support Switch Controller module on the lower trim models. This applies to Australian market 150 series GX and GXL, I am not sure of the TX, TXL, or other ROW variants. This information does not apply to the US market GX460. Hopefully this helps whoever else might be researching this topic in the future. Attaching a parts diagram showing the DSSC which is not present on lower trim prado 150 platforms, and for which there is no unused plug present.

Hello everyone thank you all for all the info
Was thinking to add MTS and CC system to my 2015 prado 3.0D model code is KDJ150L-GKAEYW
it looks like a pretty simple process however, I found out my speedometer (cluster display)
is different also my steering wheel is missing an electronic switch that selects the drive mode.
My question is can it work on my trim line just like that ? or do I need to get more parts like this digital cluster and the switch?
how can I find out if it will work on my prado ?
thanks View attachment 2769922
IMG_1915.jpg

VX_DSSC.jpg

GXL_DSSC.jpg

Last edited:
On 20-21 GX 460 anyway.. that skid control ECU and a little re-wiring is where someone will go. It won't be anywhere near the cost of the 10-19 models. A lot more on the control side for costs for '22-'23 models

Post 1228

As long as it's possible, for US 2022 models, the costs will work themselves out.

Acceptable costs will be subjective...... many balk at the $500 or less for 10-19 models... at minimum.. over $1k for 20-21... haven't priced '22+ with additional dash hardware

Of course one may be able to leverage '20-'21 mod with switches to keep the price down

Acceptable costs will be subjective...... many balk at the $500 or less for 10-19 models... at minimum.. over $1k for 20-21... haven't priced '22+ with additional dash hardware

Of course one may be able to leverage '20-'21 mod with switches to keep the price down

People that want it now, will be fine with 2k given that they just oaind 60k for the gx. In 5 years when the prices start to drop, 2k will be a tough sell...

People that want it now, will be fine with 2k given that they just oaind 60k for the gx. In 5 years when the prices start to drop, 2k will be a tough sell...
I opted for yet another path on my 22. I am going to leave it alone, not wheel it, and when I decide to I will lift it, lock it, regear it, and run 35s in one go and leave all the CC and MTS science behind. If something comes up to make it easy by the time I am ready? I add it to the cart but still do the above lol

I opted for yet another path on my 22. I am going to leave it alone, not wheel it, and when I decide to I will lift it, lock it, regear it, and run 35s in one go and leave all the CC and MTS science behind. If something comes up to make it easy by the time I am ready? I add it to the cart but still do the above lol
Exactly what I have.
For the cost of all the electronics and especially if you have to pay for the labor also, just diff lock and regear the front and rear and call it done!
Yeah, you'll have to wheel it old school with just the right modulation with brake and throttle, and won't have a fancy computer helping you out.
That's really all MTS and CC is for, to replace lockers and make it easy for anyone to get in over their head.
I can understand Toyota/Lexus rational: it's a lot cheaper to get come programmers and electrical engineers to make a MTS and CC package in the front end of the model (GX460) before release, than have to spend all the money throughout the life of the model adding lockers and switches as a costumer option, which many would probably not want. After all, it's cheaper to just add some wire and programing verses physical lockers and still have to add all the wiring and even some programming.

Truth be told... I did add MTS, and plan on adding CC even with my lockers and all. I just kind of like having ALL the bells and whistles. :meh:

Has the parts list been identified for the '22? I'd be willing to give it a shot. Was wondering if anyone had ever had success adding multi-terrain monitors as well.

Exactly what I have.
For the cost of all the electronics and especially if you have to pay for the labor also, just diff lock and regear the front and rear and call it done!
Yeah, you'll have to wheel it old school with just the right modulation with brake and throttle, and won't have a fancy computer helping you out.
That's really all MTS and CC is for, to replace lockers and make it easy for anyone to get in over their head.
I can understand Toyota/Lexus rational: it's a lot cheaper to get come programmers and electrical engineers to make a MTS and CC package in the front end of the model (GX460) before release, than have to spend all the money throughout the life of the model adding lockers and switches as a costumer option, which many would probably not want. After all, it's cheaper to just add some wire and programing verses physical lockers and still have to add all the wiring and even some programming.

Truth be told... I did add MTS, and plan on adding CC even with my lockers and all. I just kind of like having ALL the bells and whistles. :meh:
The bells and whistles are all on the 03 470 on 37s haha

Reactions: r2m
Has the parts list been identified for the '22? I'd be willing to give it a shot. Was wondering if anyone had ever had success adding multi-terrain monitors as well.
It will be inordinately expensive.

Guh.... well at least the '22 carplay integration soothes the pain . Sounds like lockers might be a better use of resources :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom