4200 Vortec bolt pattern (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does the I-6 4200 Vortec have the same bell housing bolt pattern as the V-8 LS?

They are not the same bolt pattern but the transmission if you're going to use a 4L60 has a bolt on bell housing 1 thing with the 4,200 is you need to use 2006 or newer they have more power they use LS rods and computer A different reluctor wheel and a different cylinder head

4200, matching 2wd 4l60e and an AA adapter to splitcase would all bolt up but transfer case would be REALLY far back. Short rear driveshaft and big tunnel mod required.

4200, matching 2wd 4l60e and an AA adapter to splitcase would all bolt up but transfer case would be REALLY far back. Short rear driveshaft and big tunnel mod required.
Thanks for the info. How about the NV4500 would that be a shorter assembly? I like the idea of using a inline 6

Thanks for the info. How about the NV4500 would that be a shorter assembly? I like the idea of using a inline 6

Yes. At that point I would probably just use the EMTech adapter and flywheel and AA bellhousing to the H42 or H55f though.

Cause it’s cheaper? Lot of work when an LS fits nicely in there

It would be a LOT easier to turbo the 4200 in the 60 than turbo the LS in the 60.
But yes, an unconvential swap that doesn't make sense unless one already knew exactly what they were doing and weren't going to need to lean on a forum for help.

It would be a LOT easier to turbo the 4200 in the 60 than turbo the LS in the 60.
But yes, an unconvential swap that doesn't make sense unless one already knew exactly what they were doing and weren't going to need to lean on a forum for help.
If I win the lotto and come upon absolute freedom of my own time, I will 4200 swap a 40 with a turbo. You can consult on it for me :grinpimp::grinpimp: I think it would be a bad ass unique swap.

If I win the lotto and come upon absolute freedom of my own time, I will 4200 swap a 40 with a turbo. You can consult on it for me :grinpimp::grinpimp: I think it would be a bad ass unique swap.

I’m not really interested in putting one in a Land Cruiser but I am DEFINITELY interested in putting one in a Mustang or GM car

Haven’t looked into it for years now, (there may be easier solutions now) when I was, the oil pan was the big turn off for me in putting one in a cruiser. It has been done a few times though. User @TwoTonic had a couple threads back in the day.

Yes. At that point I would probably just use the EMTech adapter and flywheel and AA bellhousing to the H42 or H55f though.
I looked into this swap before. The ax15 fits to this engine bolt pattern. The 80 series transfer case I believe Is a direct fit (ax15) without an adapter but I could be wrong. I do know that there is a ax15 adapter to split case. In theory this could work. I would just have to get some measurements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom