Builds 400HP 6.2L LS with 6 Speed auto swap....no lift. Plug 'n play swap kit in development (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can't weld myself but I sure know several who can and think that if the "right way" to do it involves welding then so be it.

NICE , AFTER THIS ONE IS DONE . LETS START A DIESEL SWAP LOL . GOOD STUFF

Think I figured out how to make the passenger side motor mount "bolt-on" tonight. :idea:

I will know better tomorrow night. Wishing I hadn't cut the factory mount off now :( Oh well, live and learn.

Sorry for the lack of progress lately. I am also building a custom home(day job) at the moment and it is hard to jump back and forth and make consistent progress on both. The house pays the bills, so it has to take priority.

20140905_180420[1].jpg

20140917_104242[1].jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to stop by an take a peek at your swapif you're gonna be tinkering around with it on the weekends over the holidays, putting together some swing outs so I thought I'd ask if you do any welding for cash too.

Nice work !!

Thanks!

I'd like to stop by an take a peek at your swapif you're gonna be tinkering around with it on the weekends over the holidays, putting together some swing outs so I thought I'd ask if you do any welding for cash too.

I will be around the truck over the holidays, and you are welcome to stop by. The only caveat is that the truck is not in Rockville, MD. I'm building this in WV where I am building the house. Are you local to the DC area?

I'm in Gaithersburg but have a barn shop in New Market, still would be worth the drive to check it out. Do you have a decent mig? All I have right now is a tig and and a buzzbox, rather than doing some 7018 ac stick I'd rather mig it if possible. Where abouts in WV are you at?

Cool, funny how small the world is.

I'm kinda far in Snowshoe, WV. I do have a Millermatic 180 here.

I think it'd be a long drive just to check out the engine sitting in the engine bay right now :p

My family and I stopped in Snowshoe during our vacation last summer. Nice place, the kids really loved Cass Scenic Railroad and the steam engines.

Keep up the good work.

Just checking in since I haven't posted any progress in a while.

I've been temporarily pulled away from the project by other commitments in life that seem to pop up around this time of year. Hopefully I will be back to work on it next week after New Years.

In the meantime, I've been doing some research on the cruise control. From what I can see in the EWD, the Toyota system utilizes a system of varying resistance to communicate the user's input to the CC ECU. The GM system utilizes a system of 12V+ inputs to communicate with the ECU. Based on the diagram in the EWD the toyota CC stalk has 3 switches inside that correspond to the 3 functions(set/coast, accelerate, cancel). These 3 switches connect to the sequence of resistors. I am going to try and open up the switch assembly and see if it can be modified to remove the resisitors and just provide a 12V signal to the GM ECM. Has anyone else tried this? @Skrewball @rockrod ?

The cc seems to have stumped other swappers, so I hope you can figure it out!

It is killing me to not be working on the swap this week. I'm at home in Rockville spending time with family that is visiting from Australia, and don't have a single 80 with me to look at/borrow parts from to even explore ideas. It's pretty sad when a guy owns 5 80s and doesn't have a single one with him :(

Feel free to swing by and look at mine all you want!

Think I figured out how to make the passenger side motor mount "bolt-on" tonight. :idea:

I will know better tomorrow night. Wishing I hadn't cut the factory mount off now :( Oh well, live and learn.

Sorry for the lack of progress lately. I am also building a custom home(day job) at the moment and it is hard to jump back and forth and make consistent progress on both. The house pays the bills, so it has to take priority.

View attachment 1005723
View attachment 1005729
Nice, that use to be me too... had to give that up and just work on the Cruisers :meh:. I do miss it everyday though, something about the smell of freshly cut wood and the satisfaction you get from doing the work. My carpentry skills are still in use today though my median has changed. Keep up the good sir. And get the most for your dollar when buying your 40. I cant believe the prices their going for these days... unreal. I wish I never sold mine :bang: but you live and you learn.

Underdawg, I love wood working although it's fairly new to me. I come from a family with very limited hands on experience with any material, so everything I have learned over the years has pretty much been through trial/error and the internet. I started with metal working, and making the transition to wood has been very gratifying. Projects that would take days with metal seem to only take a couple of hours with wood. I attribute it mainly to the ease with which wood is cut/shaped relative to metal.

This house has been a monumental undertaking for me. I am playing Architect/Engineer/Owner's Rep/Carpenter/Day Laborer. I farmed out the framing and exterior skin work, but all of the rough-ins and mechanicals are being done by me and one helper. Insulation/drywall/paint will be farmed out, and then all of the interior finish work will be me again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom